The development of renewable energy in resource-rich region: A case in China
AbstractWith the largest population living in rural areas, the lack of clean energy supply is an important problem in China, and the utilization of renewable energy not only meets the demand of energy, but also provides a basis for environmental protection and sustainable development. This paper reviews use of clean energy in a resource-rich region, including the basic principle of the development of recycling agriculture, the potential, the present status and the future of renewable energy in the region rural areas. If the project will be finished, there will be 300,000 families benefiting from it and it can bring at least 2.2Â xÂ 108 US dollars revenue increase directly, the indirect revenue increase will be 0.15Â billion US dollars, the environment will be improved and the living standard in Jincheng's rural areas is also be greatly improved because of developing biogas project. Based on the developing status and constraint conditions, the solutions to further promote renewable energy projects in this region are also proposed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews.
Volume (Year): 15 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zhou, Zhongren & Wu, Wenliang & Wang, Xiaohua & Chen, Qun & Wang, Ou, 2009. "Analysis of changes in the structure of rural household energy consumption in northern China: A case study," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 187-193, January.
- Han, Jingyi & Mol, Arthur P.J. & Lu, Yonglong & Zhang, Lei, 2008. "Small-scale bioenergy projects in rural China: Lessons to be learnt," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 2154-2162, June.
- Zeng, Xianyang & Ma, Yitai & Ma, Lirong, 2007. "Utilization of straw in biomass energy in China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 976-987, June.
- Xiaohua, Wang & Zhenmin, Feng, 2002. "Sustainable development of rural energy and its appraising system in China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 395-404, August.
- Leung, Dennis Y. C. & Yin, X. L. & Wu, C. Z., 2004. "A review on the development and commercialization of biomass gasification technologies in China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 8(6), pages 565-580, December.
- Xiaohua, Wang & Zhenmin, Feng, 2004. "Biofuel use and its emission of noxious gases in rural China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 183-192, April.
- Liu, H. & Jiang, G.M. & Zhuang, H.Y. & Wang, K.J., 2008. "Distribution, utilization structure and potential of biomass resources in rural China: With special references of crop residues," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 1402-1418, June.
- Gautam, Rajeeb & Baral, Sumit & Herat, Sunil, 2009. "Biogas as a sustainable energy source in Nepal: Present status and future challenges," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 248-252, January.
- Lee, Shun-Chung, 2011. "Using real option analysis for highly uncertain technology investments: The case of wind energy technology," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4443-4450.
- Qu, Wei & Tu, Qin & Bluemling, Bettina, 2013. "Which factors are effective for farmers’ biogas use?–Evidence from a large-scale survey in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 26-33.
- Zheng, Y.H. & Wei, J.G. & Li, J. & Feng, S.F. & Li, Z.F. & Jiang, G.M. & Lucas, M. & Wu, G.L. & Ning, T.Y., 2012. "Anaerobic fermentation technology increases biomass energy use efficiency in crop residue utilization and biogas production," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 4588-4596.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.