Analyzing building-height restrictions: predicted impacts and welfare costs
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Regional Science and Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 35 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert E. Lucas & Esteban Rossi-Hansberg, 2002. "On the Internal Structure of Cities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(4), pages 1445-1476, July.
- Anas, Alex & Moses, Leon N., 1979. "Mode choice, transport structure and urban land use," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 228-246, April.
- Wheaton, William C., 1998. "Land Use and Density in Cities with Congestion," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 258-272, March.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 1987. "The structure of urban equilibria: A unified treatment of the muth-mills model," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, in: E. S. Mills (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 20, pages 821-845 Elsevier.
- Fujita, Masahisa & Ogawa, Hideaki, 1982. "Multiple equilibria and structural transition of non-monocentric urban configurations," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 161-196, May.
- Wheaton, William C., 1974. "A comparative static analysis of urban spatial structure," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 223-237, October.
- Richard Arnott & James G. MacKinnon, 1976.
"Measuring the Costs of Height Restrictions with a General Equilibrium Model,"
242, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Arnott, Richard J. & MacKinnon, James G., 1977. "Measuring the costs of height restrictions with a general equilibrium model," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 359-375, November.
- Paul Cheshire & Stephen Sheppard, 2001.
"The Welfare Economics of Land Use Planning,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
2001-03, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Bertaud, Alain & Renaud, Bertrand, 1997. "Socialist Cities without Land Markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 137-151, January.
- Pines, David & Sadka, Efraim, 1986. "Comparative statics analysis of a fully closed city," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-20, July.
- Cheshire, Paul & Hilber, Christian A. L., 2007.
"Office Space Supply Restrictions in Britain: The Political Economy of Market Revenge,"
5435, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul C. Cheshire & Christian A.L. Hilber, 2008. "Office Space Supply Restrictions in Britain: The Political Economy of Market Revenge," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(529), pages F185-F221, 06.
- Larson, William & Liu, Feng & Yezer, Anthony, 2012. "Energy footprint of the city: Effects of urban land use and transportation policies," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 147-159.
- Christian A. L. Hilber, 2011. "The Economics Implications of House Price Capitalization A Survey of an Emerging Literature," SERC Discussion Papers 0091, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Joshi, Kirti Kusum & Kono, Tatsuhito, 2009. "Optimization of floor area ratio regulation in a growing city," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 502-511, July.
- Le Blanc, David, 2005. "Economic evaluation of housing subsidy systems: a methodology with application to Morocco," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3529, The World Bank.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 2007.
"Urban growth boundaries: An effective second-best remedy for unpriced traffic congestion?,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 263-273, November.
- Jan K. Brueckner, 2005. "Urban Growth Boundaries: An Effective Second-Best Remedy for Unpriced Traffic Congestion?," Working Papers 050610, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Sridhar, Kala Seetharam, 2012. "Measuring welfare gains from relaxation of land-use restrictions: The case of India's building-height limits," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 1061-1067.
- Jason Barr, 2011. "Skyscrapers and Skylines: New York and Chicago, 1885-2007," Working Papers Rutgers University, Newark 2011-001, Department of Economics, Rutgers University, Newark.
- Kono, Tatsuhito & Joshi, Kirti Kusum, 2012. "A new interpretation on the optimal density regulations: Closed and open city," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 223-234.
- Mariano Kulish & Anthony Richards & Christian Gillitzer, 2012.
"Urban Structure and Housing Prices: Some Evidence from Australian Cities,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 88(282), pages 303-322, 09.
- Mariano Kulish & Anthony Richards & Christian Gillitzer, 2011. "Urban Structure and Housing Prices: Some Evidence from Australian Cities," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2011-03, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Nicolas Coulombel, 2008. "Monocentric analysis of restricting the budget share of housing alone or with transportation," Working Papers hal-00319084, HAL.
- Hans R. A. Koster & Piet Rietveld & Jos N. van Ommerren, 2011. "Is the Sky the Limit? An Analysis of High-Rise Office Buildings," SERC Discussion Papers 0086, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- W. Bowman Cutter & Sofia F. Franco, 2012. "The uneasy case for lower Parking Standards," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp564, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- World Bank, 2007. "The Evolving Role of World Bank Urban Shelter Projects : Addressing Land Market and Economy-wide Constraints," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12669, The World Bank.
- Kono, Tatsuhito & Joshi, Kirti Kusum & Kato, Takeaki & Yokoi, Takahisa, 2012. "Optimal regulation on building size and city boundary: An effective second-best remedy for traffic congestion externality," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 619-630.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.