Taxation, uncertainty and the choice of a consumption tax base
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 58 (1995)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ahsan, Syed M., 1989. "Choice of tax base under uncertainty : Consumption or income?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 99-134, October.
- Mintz, Jack M, 1981. "Some Additional Results on Investment, Risk Taking, and Full Loss Offset Corporate Taxation with Interest Deductibility," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 96(4), pages 631-42, November.
- Arrow, Kenneth J & Lind, Robert C, 1970. "Uncertainty and the Evaluation of Public Investment Decisions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(3), pages 364-78, June.
- Jeremy I. Bulow & Lawrence H. Summers, 1984.
"The Taxation of Risky Assets,"
NBER Working Papers
0897, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mayshar, Joram, 1977. "Should Government Subsidize Risky Private Projects?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 20-28, March.
- Hamilton, Jonathan H, 1987. "Taxation, Savings, and Portfolio Choice in a Continuous Time Model," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 42(2), pages 264-82.
- Lawrence H. Summers, 1987.
"Investment Incentives and the Discounting of Depreciation Allowances,"
in: The Effects of Taxation on Capital Accumulation, pages 295-304
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lawrence H. Summers, 1988. "Investment Incentives and the Discounting of Depreciation Allowances," NBER Working Papers 1941, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gordon, Roger H, 1985. "Taxation of Corporate Capital Income: Tax Revenues versus Tax Distortions," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 100(1), pages 1-27, February.
- David Aschauer, 1988.
"Is public expenditure productive?,"
88-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Syed M. Ahsan, 1990. "Risk-Taking, Savings, and Taxation: A Re-examination of Theory and Policy," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 23(2), pages 408-33, May.
- Sialm, Clemens, 2006.
"Stochastic taxation and asset pricing in dynamic general equilibrium,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 511-540, March.
- Clemens Sialm, 2002. "Stochastic Taxation and Asset Pricing in Dynamic General Equilibrium," NBER Working Papers 9301, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paolo Panteghini, 2009.
"On the Equivalence between Labor and Consumption Taxation,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2593, CESifo Group Munich.
- Paolo M. Panteghini, 2009. "On the equivalence between labor and consumption taxation," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(2), pages 622-629.
- Paolo M. Panteghini, 2009. "On the Equivalence between Labor and Consumption Taxation," Working Papers 0904, University of Brescia, Department of Economics.
- David F. Bradford, 2003. "The X Tax in the World Economy," Working Papers 93bradford.pdf, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Kramer, Frank, 2009. "Symmetric cash flow-taxation and cross-border investments," Bayreuth Working Papers on Finance, Accounting and Taxation (FAcT-Papers) 2009-03, University of Bayreuth, Chair of Finance and Banking.
- Dirk Schindler & Bodo Hilgers, 2002. "Shall We Tax the Risk Premium?," CoFE Discussion Paper 02-17, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Igor Kotlán & Zuzana Machová & Lenka Janíčková, 2011. "Taxation Influence On The Economic Growth," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2011(5), pages 638-658.
- Juan José Echavarría & George R. Zodrow, 2003. "Foreign Direct Investment and Tax Structure in Colombia," IDB Publications 5598, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Sanjit Dhami, 2002. "Optimal Consumption Taxes and Social Security Under Tax Measurement Problems and Uncertainty," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 9(6), pages 673-685, November.
- David F. Bradford, 2003.
"Addressing the Transfer-Pricing Problem in an Origin-Basis X Tax,"
NBER Working Papers
9843, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bradford, David F, 2003. "Addressing the Transfer-Pricing Problem in an Origin-Basis X Tax," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 10(5), pages 591-610, September.
- David Bradford, 2003. "Addressing the Transfer-Pricing Problem in an Origin-Basis X Tax," CESifo Working Paper Series 997, CESifo Group Munich.
- David F. Bradford, 2004.
"The X Tax in the World Economy,"
NBER Working Papers
10676, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Syed M. Ahsan & Panagiotis Tsigaris, 2008.
"The Efficiency Loss of Capital Income Taxation under Imperfect Loss Offset Provisions,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2203, CESifo Group Munich.
- Syed M. Ahsan & Panagiotis Tsigaris, 2009. "The Efficiency Loss of Capital Income Taxation under Imperfect Loss Offset Provisions," Public Finance Review, , vol. 37(6), pages 710-731, November.
- Syed Ahsan & Peter Tsigaris, 1998.
"The design of a consumption tax under capital risk,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 68(1), pages 53-78, February.
- Syed M. Ahsan & Peter Tsigaris, . "The Design of a Consumption Tax under Capital Risk," EPRU Working Paper Series 97-11, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.