Citizen restraints on "Leviathan" government: transition politics in Bulgaria
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 16 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Timur Kuran, 1989. "Sparks and prairie fires: A theory of unanticipated political revolution," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 61(1), pages 41-74, April.
- Roberts, Paul Craig, 1969. "The Polycentric Soviet Economy," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(1), pages 163-79, April.
- Alesina, Alberto & Drazen, Allan, 1991.
"Why Are Stabilizations Delayed?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1170-88, December.
- Mancur Olson, Jr., 1995. "Why the Transition from Communism Is So Difficult," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 21(4), pages 437-461, Fall.
- Li, David D, 1998. "Changing Incentives of the Chinese Bureaucracy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 393-97, May.
- Steven Rosefielde, 1999. "Russia's Warped Transition: The Destructive Consequences of Ethically Unconstrained Utility Seeking," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 25(4), pages 459-476, Fall.
- Feld, Lars P. & Kirchgassner, Gebhard, 2000. "Direct democracy, political culture, and the outcome of economic policy: a report on the Swiss experience," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 287-306, June.
- David D. Li, 1998. "Changing Incentives of the Chinese Bureaucracy," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 130, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Schnytzer, Adi & Sustersic, Janez, 1998. " Why Join the Party in a One-Party System?: Popularity versus Political Exchange," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 94(1-2), pages 117-34, January.
- Kenneth Koford & Adrian E. Tschoegl, 1997. "Problems of Bank Lending in Bulgaria: Information Asymmetry and Institutional Learning," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-41, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Gary S. Becker, 1984.
"Public Policies, Pressure Groups, and Dead Weight Costs,"
University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State
35, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Becker, Gary S., 1985. "Public policies, pressure groups, and dead weight costs," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 329-347, December.
- Coughlin, Peter J & Mueller, Dennis C & Murrell, Peter, 1990. "Electoral Politics, Interest Groups, and the Size of Government," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(4), pages 682-705, October.
- Adi Schnytzer & Janez Šušteršič, 1998. "Why join the party in a one-party system?: Popularity versus political exchange," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 94(1), pages 117-134, January.
- Koford, Kenneth, 1993. " The Median and the Competitive Equilibrium in One Dimension," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 76(3), pages 273-88, July.
- Becker, Gary S, 1983. "A Theory of Competition among Pressure Groups for Political Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 98(3), pages 371-400, August.
- repec:wii:bpaper:bowp:056 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hillman, Arye L. & Ursprung, Heinrich W., 2000. "Political culture and economic decline," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 189-213, June.
- Berlemann, Michael & Nenovsky, Nikolay, 2003. "Lending of first versus lending of last resort: The Bulgarian financial crisis of 1996/1997," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 11/03, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Pääkkönen, Jenni, 2008. "Optimal Law Enforcement and Welfare in the Presence of Organized Crime," BOFIT Discussion Papers 30/2008, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.