Research on the relationships of the domestic mutual investment of China based on the cross-shareholding networks of the listed companies
AbstractEnterprises are the core power and the carriers to promote the country’s economy developing sustainably and rapidly; the listed enterprises are the outstanding companies which can represent the economic level at the places where the enterprises are located, so we establish the cross-shareholding networks of the listed companies between 2002 and 2009, and then analyze the mutual investment at company-level, province-level and region-level. We have researched the overall trend of economic development and the overall tendency of capital flow of China in the recent 8 years based on the cross-shareholding networks, the influence of a global economic crisis on the stock markets and the overall economics of China in 2008 and the recovery of the economy after the economic crisis. Moreover, we analyze the variations of the cross-shareholding networks and the influence of the state-owned large and medium enterprises listing frequently on Chinese stock markets. We divide the provinces of China into 3 main categories according to their industrial situations. Though the analysis, we find that the wealth gap between the different areas is not significantly reduced even though the government has carried out strategies such as the Development of the West Regions and the Rejuvenation of Old Industrial Bases in Northeastern China. We analyze the cumulative distribution function of the degree of the vertices and use large amounts of data to do empirical analysis. The methods used include the hierarchical cluster analysis, regression analysis, etc.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications.
Volume (Year): 390 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/
Cumulative distribution; Hierarchical cluster analysis; Complex networks; Power-law; Cross-shareholding networks; Scale-free;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R. Mantegna, 1999.
"Hierarchical structure in financial markets,"
The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems,
Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 193-197, September.
- R. Mantegna, 1999. "Hierarchical structure in financial markets," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 193-197, September.
- Garlaschelli, Diego & Battiston, Stefano & Castri, Maurizio & Servedio, Vito D.P. & Caldarelli, Guido, 2005.
"The scale-free topology of market investments,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 350(2), pages 491-499.
- Stefano Battiston & Jo\~ao F. Rodrigues & Hamza Zeytinoglu, 2005.
"The Network of Inter-Regional Direct Investment Stocks across Europe,"
- Stefano Battiston & Joao F. Rodrigues & Hamza Zeytinoglu, 2007. "The Network Of Inter-Regional Direct Investment Stocks Across Europe," Advances in Complex Systems (ACS), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 10(01), pages 29-51.
- Jiang, J. & Li, W. & Cai, X., 2008. "Cluster behavior of a simple model in financial markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(2), pages 528-536.
- Huang, Wei-Qiang & Zhuang, Xin-Tian & Yao, Shuang, 2009. "A network analysis of the Chinese stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(14), pages 2956-2964.
- Zhi-Qiang Jiang & Liang Guo & Wei-Xing Zhou, 2007. "Endogenous and exogenous dynamics in the fluctuations of capital fluxes: An empirical analysis of the Chinese stock market," Papers physics/0702035, arXiv.org.
- Barabási, Albert-László & Albert, Réka & Jeong, Hawoong, 1999. "Mean-field theory for scale-free random networks," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 272(1), pages 173-187.
- Gao, Bo & Ren, Ruo-en, 2013. "The topology of a causal network for the Chinese financial system," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(13), pages 2965-2976.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.