Gibrat and Pareto–Zipf revisited with European firms
AbstractA firms growth and failure are the two sides of the same coin. This paper reports new phenomenological findings for firm size distribution and growth, and bankruptcy. This paper is based on [Y. Fujiwara et al., Physica A 335 (2004) 197] and on [Y. Fujiwara, Physica A 337 (2004) 219]. See also these proceedings for kinematical relationship between Pareto–Zipf and Gibrat's laws.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications.
Volume (Year): 344 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/
Pareto–Zipf law; Gibrat law; Firm growth; Bankruptcy; Econophysics;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ishikawa, Atushi, 2006. "Annual change of Pareto index dynamically deduced from the law of detailed quasi-balance," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 371(2), pages 525-535.
- Ma, Qi & Chen, Yongwang & Tong, Hui & Di, Zengru, 2008. "Production, depreciation and the size distribution of firms," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(13), pages 3209-3217.
- Julian di Giovanni & Andrei A. Levchenko, 2009.
"Firm Entry, Trade, and Welfare in Zipf's World,"
591, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Kang, Sang Hoon & Jiang, Zhuhua & Cheong, Chongcheul & Yoon, Seong-Min, 2011. "Changes of firm size distribution: The case of Korea," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(2), pages 319-327.
- Ishikawa, Atushi, 2006. "Pareto index induced from the scale of companies," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 363(2), pages 367-376.
- Ikeda, Yuichi & Aoyama, Hideaki & Iyetomi, Hiroshi & Fujiwara, Yoshi & Souma, Wataru & Kaizoji, Taisei, 2007.
"Response of firm agent network to exogenous shock,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 382(1), pages 138-148.
- Hideaki Aoyama & Yoshi Fujiwara & Yuichi Ikeda & Hiroshi Iyetomi & Wataru Souma, 2010. "Econophysics on Real Economy -The First Decade of the Kyoto Econophysics Group-," Papers 1006.5587, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2010.
- Misako Takayasu & Hayafumi Watanabe & Hideki Takayasu, 2013. "Generalised central limit theorems for growth rate distribution of complex systems," Papers 1301.2728, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2014.
- Sun, Churen & Zhang, Tao, 2012. "Export, Productivity Pattern, and Firm Size Distribution," MPRA Paper 36742, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wang Dahui & Zhou Li & Di Zengru, 2005. "Bipartite Producer-Consumer Networks and the Size Distribution of Firms," Papers physics/0507163, arXiv.org.
- A. Saichev & Y. Malevergne & D. Sornette, 2008. "Theory of Zipf's Law and of General Power Law Distributions with Gibrat's law of Proportional Growth," Papers 0808.1828, arXiv.org.
- Kočišová, J. & Horváth, D. & Brutovský, B., 2009. "The efficiency of individual optimization in the conditions of competitive growth," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(17), pages 3585-3592.
- Ishikawa, Atushi, 2006. "Derivation of the distribution from extended Gibrat's law," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 367(C), pages 425-434.
- Cirillo, Pasquale & Hüsler, Jürg, 2009. "On the upper tail of Italian firms’ size distribution," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(8), pages 1546-1554.
- Kuscsik, Zoltán & Horváth, Denis & Gmitra, Martin, 2007. "The critical properties of the agent-based model with environmental–economic interactions," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 379(1), pages 199-206.
- Guo, Jinzhong & Xu, Qi & Chen, Qinghua & Wang, Yougui, 2013. "Firm size distribution and mobility of the top 500 firms in China, the United States and the world," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(13), pages 2903-2914.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.