Annual change of Pareto index dynamically deduced from the law of detailed quasi-balance
AbstractEmploying data on the assessed value of land in 1983–2005 Japan, we investigate the dynamical behavior in the high scale region of non-equilibrium systems. From the detailed quasi-balance and Gibrat's law, we derive a relation between the change of Pareto index and a symmetry in the detailed quasi-balance. The relation is confirmed in the empirical data nicely.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications.
Volume (Year): 371 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/
Econophysics; Pareto law; Gibrat law; Detailed quasi-balance;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yoshi Fujiwara & Corrado Di Guilmi & Hideaki Aoyama & Mauro Gallegati & Wataru Souma, 2003.
"Do Pareto-Zipf and Gibrat laws hold true? An analysis with European Firms,"
cond-mat/0310061, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2003.
- Fujiwara, Yoshi & Di Guilmi, Corrado & Aoyama, Hideaki & Gallegati, Mauro & Souma, Wataru, 2004. "Do Pareto–Zipf and Gibrat laws hold true? An analysis with European firms," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 335(1), pages 197-216.
- Fujiwara, Yoshi & Aoyama, Hideaki & Di Guilmi, Corrado & Souma, Wataru & Gallegati, Mauro, 2004. "Gibrat and Pareto–Zipf revisited with European firms," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 344(1), pages 112-116.
- Ishikawa, Atushi, 2009. "Power-Law and Log-Normal Distributions in Temporal Changes of Firm-Size Variables," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy, vol. 3(11), pages 1-25.
- Ishikawa, Atushi, 2008. "Power-Law and Log-Normal Distributions in Firm Size Displacement Data," Economics Discussion Papers 2008-45, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.