Pricing free bank notes
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Monetary Economics.
Volume (Year): 44 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505566
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hugh Rockoff, 1989. "Lessons from the American Experience with Free Banking," NBER Historical Working Papers 0009, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rockoff, Hugh, 1974. "The Free Banking Era: A Reexamination," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 6(2), pages 141-67, May.
- Milton Friedman & Anna J. Schwartz, 1987.
"Has Government Any Role in Money?,"
in: Money in Historical Perspective, pages 289-314
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hugh Rockoff, 1990. "The Capital Market in the 1850s," NBER Historical Working Papers 0011, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Geske, Robert, 1977. "The Valuation of Corporate Liabilities as Compound Options," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(04), pages 541-552, November.
- Lindstrom, Diane L., 1975. "Demand, Markets, and Eastern Economic Development: Philadelphia, 1815–184," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(01), pages 271-273, March.
- Gorton, Gary, 1996. "Reputation Formation in Early Bank Note Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(2), pages 346-97, April.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1980. "Equilibrium in a Pure Currency Economy," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(2), pages 203-20, April.
- Svensson, Lars E O, 1985. "Money and Asset Prices in a Cash-in-Advance Economy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(5), pages 919-44, October.
- Arthur J. Rolnick & Warren E. Weber, 1988. "Explaining the demand for free bank notes," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Spr, pages 21-35.
- William F. Harding, 1896. "The State Bank of Indiana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 4, pages 1.
- Rolnick, Arthur J & Weber, Warren E, 1983. "New Evidence on the Free Banking Era," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(5), pages 1080-91, December.
- Schmalensee, Richard & Trippi, Robert R, 1978. "Common Stock Volatility Expectations Implied by Option Premia," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(1), pages 129-47, March.
- Rolnick, Arthur J. & Weber, Warren E., 1988. "Explaining the demand for free bank notes," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 47-71, January.
- William F. Harding, 0. "The State Bank of Indiana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 4, pages 1.
- anonymous, 1987. "Review of monetary policy and conditions," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 50, march.
- Charles W. Calomiris, 1989. "Deposit insurance: lessons from the record," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue May, pages 10-30.
- anonymous, 1987. "Review of monetary conditions and policy," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 50, june.
- Warren E. Weber, 2003. "Banknote prices in the United States prior to 1860," Working Papers 629, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Ales, Laurence & Carapella, Francesca & Maziero, Pricila & Weber, Warren E., 2008.
"A model of banknote discounts,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 5-27, September.
- Laurence Ales & Francesca Carapella & Pricila Maziero & Warren Weber, 2006. "A model of banknote discounts," 2006 Meeting Papers 681, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Laurence Ales & Francesca Carapella & Pricila Maziero & Warren E. Weber, 2006. "A model of banknote discounts," Working Papers 641, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Gerald P. Dwyer, Jr. & R.W. Hafer, 2001. "Bank failures in banking panics: Risky banks or road kill?," Working Paper 2001-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- John A. James & David F. Weiman, 2007. "The Political Economy of the US Monetary Union: The Civil War Era as a Watershed," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(2), pages 271-275, May.
- Holthausen, Cornelia & Monnet, Cyril, 2003. "Money and payments: a modern perspective," Working Paper Series 0245, European Central Bank.
- Étienne Farvaque, 2007. "Fondements constitutionnels de l’indépendance des Banques centrales : des Pères fondateurs de la nation américaine à la Banque centrale européenne," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 87(1), pages 225-239.
- Alicia García Herrero & Pedro del Río, 2003. "Financial stability and the design of monetary policy," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 0315, Banco de Espa�a.
- Gary B. Gorton, 2012. "Some Reflections on the Recent Financial Crisis," NBER Working Papers 18397, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.