Rumours and markets
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Mathematical Economics.
Volume (Year): 41 (2005)
Issue (Month): 6 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jmateco
Other versions of this item:
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D51 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Exchange and Production Economies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bikhchandani, Sushil & Hirshleifer, David & Welch, Ivo, 1992.
"A Theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom, and Cultural Change in Informational Cascades,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 992-1026, October.
- Sushil Bikhchandani & David Hirshleifer & Ivo Welch, 2010. "A theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom and cultural change as informational Cascades," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1193, David K. Levine.
- Irène Hors, 1995. "Des modèles de transition de phase en économie ?," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(3), pages 817-826.
- Steven N. Durlauf, 1991.
"Nonergodic Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
3719, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blume, Lawrence & Easley, David, 1992. "Evolution and market behavior," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 9-40, October.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V, 1992. "A Simple Model of Herd Behavior," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 107(3), pages 797-817, August.
- Kirman, Alan, 1993. "Ants, Rationality, and Recruitment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 108(1), pages 137-56, February.
- Griffeath, David, 1981. "The basic contact processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 151-185, May.
- Pound, John & Zeckhauser, Richard J, 1990. "Clearly Heard on the Street: The Effect of Takeover Rumors on Stock Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(3), pages 291-308, July.
- Fudenberg, Drew & Ellison, Glenn, 1995.
"Word-of-Mouth Communication and Social Learning,"
3196300, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Irène Hors, 1995. "Des modèles de transition de phase en économie ?," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 46(3), pages 817-826.
- Allen, Beth, 1982. "Some Stochastic Processes of Interdependent Demand and Technological Diffusion of an Innovation Exhibiting Externalities among Adopters," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 23(3), pages 595-608, October.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V, 1993. "The Economics of Rumours," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(2), pages 309-27, April.
- Hildenbrand, Werner, 1971. "Random preferences and equilibrium analysis," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 414-429, December.
- Zivney, Terry L. & Bertin, William J. & Torabzadeh, Khalil M., 1996. "Overreaction to takeover speculation," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 89-115.
- Zhang, Zi-li & Zhang, Zi-qiong, 2009. "An interplay model for rumour spreading and emergency development," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(19), pages 4159-4166.
- Zhao, Laijun & Wang, Qin & Cheng, Jingjing & Chen, Yucheng & Wang, Jiajia & Huang, Wei, 2011. "Rumor spreading model with consideration of forgetting mechanism: A case of online blogging LiveJournal," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(13), pages 2619-2625.
- Zhao, Laijun & Wang, Jiajia & Chen, Yucheng & Wang, Qin & Cheng, Jingjing & Cui, Hongxin, 2012. "SIHR rumor spreading model in social networks," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(7), pages 2444-2453.
- Huo, Liang-an & Huang, Peiqing & Fang, Xing, 2011. "An interplay model for authorities’ actions and rumor spreading in emergency event," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(20), pages 3267-3274.
- Zhao, Laijun & Cui, Hongxin & Qiu, Xiaoyan & Wang, Xiaoli & Wang, Jiajia, 2013. "SIR rumor spreading model in the new media age," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(4), pages 995-1003.
- Nekovee, M. & Moreno, Y. & Bianconi, G. & Marsili, M., 2007. "Theory of rumour spreading in complex social networks," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 374(1), pages 457-470.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.