How did location affect adoption of the commercial Internet? Global village vs. urban leadership
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 58 (2005)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dan Rickman & Belal Fallah & Mark Partridge, 2011. "Geographic Determinants of Hi-Tech Employment Growth in U.S. Counties," ERSA conference papers ersa11p518, European Regional Science Association.
- Arora, Ashish & Forman, Chris & Yoon, Ji Woong, 2010. "Complementarity and information technology adoption: Local area networks and the Internet," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 228-242, July.
- Adelheid Holl & Rafael Pardo & Ruth Rama, 2011.
"Spatial patterns of adoption of just-in-time manufacturing,"
1101, Instituto de Políticas y Bienes Públicos (IPP), CSIC.
- Adelheid Holl & Rafael Pardo & Ruth Rama, 2013. "Spatial patterns of adoption of just-in-time manufacturing," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(1), pages 51-67, 03.
- Adelheid Holl & Rafael Pardo & Ruth Rama, 2011. "Spatial patterns of adoption of just-in-time manufacturing," ERSA conference papers ersa11p385, European Regional Science Association.
- repec:asg:wpaper:1019 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chris Forman & Nicolas van Zeebroeck, 2012.
"From Wires to Partners: How the Internet Has Fostered R&D Collaborations Within Firms,"
INFORMS, vol. 58(8), pages 1549-1568, August.
- Chris CM Forman & Nicolas van Zeebroeck, 2012. "From wires to partners: How the Internet has fostered R&D collaborations within firms," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/105990, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Sadaf Bashir & Bert Sadowski, 2014. "General Purpose Technologies: A Survey, a Critique and Future Research Directions," Working Papers 14-02, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies, revised Feb 2014.
- Mark Doms & Ethan Lewis, 2006.
"Labor supply and personal computer adoption,"
06-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Guido De Blasio, 2006. "Does the Internet Kill the Distance? Evidence From Navigation, E-Commerce, and E-Banking," ERSA conference papers ersa06p440, European Regional Science Association.
- Martin, Ludivine, 2009. "Understanding the implementation of e-business strategies: Evidence from Luxembourg," MPRA Paper 13645, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arthur Grimes & Cleo Ren & Philip Stevens, 2012.
"The need for speed: impacts of internet connectivity on firm productivity,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 187-201, April.
- Arthur Grimes & Cleo Ren & Philip Stevens, 2009. "The Need for Speed: Impacts of Internet Connectivity on Firm Productivity," Working Papers 09_15, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Rozenn Perrigot & Thierry Pénard, 2012. "Determinants of E-commerce adoption by franchisors: Insights from the U.S. market," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201206, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Danielle Galliano & Pascale Roux, 2008. "Organisational motives and spatial effects in Internet adoption and intensity of use: evidence from French industrial firms," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 425-448, June.
- repec:asg:wpaper:1025 is not listed on IDEAS
- Drouard, Joeffrey, 2011. "Costs or gross benefits? - What mainly drives cross-sectional variance in Internet adoption," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 127-140, March.
- Jonathan Timmis, 2013. "Internet Adoption and Firm Exports in Developing Economies," Discussion Papers 2013-05, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Emmanouil Tranos & Peter Nijkamp, 2012. "The Death of Distance Revisited: Cyberplace, Physical and Relational Proximities," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-066/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2012066 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arora, Ashish & Forman, Chris & Nandkumar, Anand & Telang, Rahul, 2010. "Competition and patching of security vulnerabilities: An empirical analysis," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 164-177, May.
- Savage, Scott James & Waldman, Donald M., 2009. "Ability, location and household demand for Internet bandwidth," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 166-174, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.