Do Vacancy Decontrol Provisions Undo Rent Control?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 42 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thies, Clifford F, 1993. "Rent Control with Rationing by Search Costs: A Note," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 159-65, September.
- Nagy John, 1995. "Increased Duration and Sample Attrition in New York City's Rent Controlled Sector," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 127-137, September.
- Caudill, Steven B, 1993. "Estimating the Costs of Partial-Coverage Rent Controls: A Stochastic Frontier Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, MIT Press, vol. 75(4), pages 727-31, November.
- Olsen, Edgar O, 1972. "An Econometric Analysis of Rent Control," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(6), pages 1081-1100, Nov.-Dec..
- Kiefer, Nicholas M, 1988. "Economic Duration Data and Hazard Functions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 646-79, June.
- Barzel, Yoram, 1974. "A Theory of Rationing by Waiting," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(1), pages 73-95, April.
- Ault Richard W. & Jackson John D. & Saba Richard P., 1994. "The Effect of Long-Term Rent Control on Tenant Mobility," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 140-158, March.
- Deacon, Robert T & Sonstelie, Jon, 1991. "Price Controls and Rent Dissipation with Endogenous Transaction Costs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1361-73, December.
- Gyourko, Joseph & Linneman, Peter, 1989. "Equity and efficiency aspects of rent control: An empirical study of New York City," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 54-74, July.
- Linneman, Peter, 1987. "The effect of rent control on the distribution of income among New York City renters," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 14-34, July.
- Hans Lind, 2001. "Rent Regulation: A Conceptual And Comparative Analysis," European Journal of Housing Policy, Taylor and Francis Journals, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 41-57, April.
- McFarlane, Alastair, 2003. "Rent stabilization and the long-run supply of housing," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 305-333, May.
- Otani, Kiyoshi, 2006. "The Coase theorem in tenant protection," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 487-503, November.
- Basu, Kaushik & Emerson, Patrick M., 2000.
"The Economics of Tenancy Rent Control,"
Working Papers, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics
00-04, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- David Dale-Johnson & Yongheng Deng & Peter Gordon & Diehang Zheng, 2004. "An Examination of the Impact of Rent Control on Mobile Home Prices in California," Working Paper, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate 8595, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Hoffmann, Johannes & Kurz, Claudia, 2002.
"Rent indices for housing in West Germany 1985 to 1998,"
Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre
2002,01, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Hoffmann, Johannes & Kurz, Claudia, 2002. "Rent indices for housing in West Germany 1985 to 1998," Working Paper Series, European Central Bank 0116, European Central Bank.
- Taipalus, Katja, 2012. "Detecting asset price bubbles with time-series methods," Scientific Monographs, Bank of Finland E:47/2012, Bank of Finland.
- Alastair McFarlane, 2001. "Rent stabilization and the long-run supply of housing," Urban/Regional, EconWPA 0109001, EconWPA.
- Krol, Robert & Svorny, Shirley, 2005. "The effect of rent control on commute times," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 421-436, November.
- Iwata, Shinichiro, 2002. "The Japanese Tenant Protection Law and Asymmetric Information on Tenure Length," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 125-151, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.