Equity and efficiency aspects of rent control: An empirical study of New York City
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 26 (1989)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jakob Roland Munch & Michael Svarer, .
"Rent Control and Tenancy Duration,"
Economics Working Papers
2001-7, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Erzo F. P. Luttmer, 1997.
"The Misallocation of Housing Under Rent Control,"
NBER Working Papers
6220, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Early, Dirk W., 2000. "Rent Control, Rental Housing Supply, and the Distribution of Tenant Benefits," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 185-204, September.
- Krol, Robert & Svorny, Shirley, 2005. "The effect of rent control on commute times," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 421-436, November.
- Laferrere, Anne & Le Blanc, David, 2004. "How do housing allowances affect rents? An empirical analysis of the French case," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 36-67, March.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko & Raven Saks, 2003.
"Why is Manhattan So Expensive? Regulation and the Rise in House Prices,"
NBER Working Papers
10124, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko & Raven Saks, 2003. "Why is Manhattan So Expensive? Regulation and the Rise in House Prices," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2020, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Richard Arnott, 1995. "Time for Revisionism on Rent Control?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(1), pages 99-120, Winter.
- Nagy, John, 1997. "Do Vacancy Decontrol Provisions Undo Rent Control?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 64-78, July.
- Sims, David P., 2007. "Out of control: What can we learn from the end of Massachusetts rent control?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 129-151, January.
- Iwata, Shinichiro, 2002. "The Japanese Tenant Protection Law and Asymmetric Information on Tenure Length," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 125-151, June.
- Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C. & Llanto, Gilberto M. & Sanchez-Robielos, Maria Teresa & Tang, Marie Christine, 1998. "A Study of Housing Subsidies in the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 1998-42, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Rouwendal, J., 1990. "Stochastic market equilibria with efficient rationing with an application to the Dutch housing market," Serie Research Memoranda 0030, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Le Blanc, David, 2005. "Economic evaluation of housing subsidy systems: a methodology with application to Morocco," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3529, The World Bank.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2010085 is not listed on IDEAS
- Richard Arnott, 1997. "Rent Control," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 391., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Edward L. Glaeser, 1996.
"The Social Costs of Rent Control Revisited,"
NBER Working Papers
5441, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser, 1996. "The Social Costs of Rent Control Revisted," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1747, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Filip Palda, 2001. "Rent Control Evasion: Effects on Income and Deadweight Loss," Urban/Regional 0112001, EconWPA.
- Simmons-Mosley, Tammie X. & Malpezzi, Stephen, 2006. "Household mobility in New York City's regulated rental housing market," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 38-62, March.
- Seko, Miki & Sumita, Kazuto, 2007. "Effects of government policies on residential mobility in Japan: Income tax deduction system and the Rental Act," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 167-188, June.
- Ballesteros, Marife Magno, 2001. "Benefits (and Losses) From Rent Control in the Philippines: An Empirical Study of Metro Manila," Discussion Papers DP 2001-23, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Zheng, Diehang & Deng, Yongheng & Gordon, Peter & Dale-Johnson, David, 2007. "An examination of the impact of rent control on mobile home prices in California," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 209-242, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.