A note on "The EPQ with partial backordering and phase-dependent backordering rate"
AbstractPentico et al. [The EPQ with partial backordering and phase-dependent backordering rate. Omega 2011;39(5):574-7] recently proposed an EPQ model with partial backordering. They tried to determine the minimum average total cost per year from the three cases: to lose all sales, to meet all demand, and to allow stockouts with partial backordering. In this paper, we solve the same model without differential calculus and present a different decision procedure. Without the comparison of those costs, a numerical example is illustrated to determine the optimal production policy by our criteria.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Omega.
Volume (Year): 40 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zhang, Ren-qian, 2009. "A note on the deterministic EPQ with partial backordering," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1036-1038, October.
- Hsieh, Ying-Jiun, 2011. "Demand switching criteria for multiple products: An inventory cost analysis," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 130-137, April.
- Keren, Baruch, 2009. "The single-period inventory problem: Extension to random yield from the perspective of the supply chain," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 801-810, August.
- Pentico, David W. & Drake, Matthew J. & Toews, Carl, 2011. "The EPQ with partial backordering and phase-dependent backordering rate," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 574-577, October.
- Kevork, Ilias S., 2010. "Estimating the optimal order quantity and the maximum expected profit for single-period inventory decisions," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 218-227, June.
- Pentico, David W. & Drake, Matthew J., 2009. "The deterministic EOQ with partial backordering: A new approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 194(1), pages 102-113, April.
- Pentico, David W. & Drake, Matthew J. & Toews, Carl, 2009. "The deterministic EPQ with partial backordering: A new approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 624-636, June.
- Taleizadeh, Ata Allah & Pentico, David W. & Saeed Jabalameli, Mohammad & Aryanezhad, Mirbahador, 2013. "An EOQ model with partial delayed payment and partial backordering," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 354-368.
- Teng, Jinn-Tsair & Min, Jie & Pan, Qinhua, 2012. "Economic order quantity model with trade credit financing for non-decreasing demand," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 328-335.
- Stojkovska, Irena, 2013. "On the optimality of the optimal policies for the deterministic EPQ with partial backordering," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 919-923.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.