On the optimality of the optimal policies for the deterministic EPQ with partial backordering
AbstractIn a note published in Omega [Zhang RQ. A note on the deterministic EPQ with partial backordering. Omega 2009;37(5):1036–8], the amended decision procedure for the Pentico et al.'s EPQ with partial backordering (EPQ-PBO) is proposed, by developing another critical value of the backordering rate. However, there is a case when a decision made with this amended procedure is not optimal, which will be shown in this paper. A new decision procedure will be proposed based on the derived necessary and sufficient conditions for considering the policy of losing all sales or the policy to meet all demand as possible optimal decisions. The proposed decision procedure is adapted for one of the extensions of the EPQ-PBO.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Omega.
Volume (Year): 41 (2013)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pentico, David W. & Drake, Matthew J., 2009. "The deterministic EOQ with partial backordering: A new approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 194(1), pages 102-113, April.
- Toews, Carl & Pentico, David W. & Drake, Matthew J., 2011. "The deterministic EOQ and EPQ with partial backordering at a rate that is linearly dependent on the time to delivery," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(2), pages 643-649, June.
- Pentico, David W. & Drake, Matthew J. & Toews, Carl, 2009. "The deterministic EPQ with partial backordering: A new approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 624-636, June.
- Pentico, David W. & Drake, Matthew J. & Toews, Carl, 2011. "The EPQ with partial backordering and phase-dependent backordering rate," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 574-577, October.
- Zhang, Ren-qian, 2009. "A note on the deterministic EPQ with partial backordering," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1036-1038, October.
- Wee, Hui-Ming & Wang, Wan-Tsu, 2012. "A supplement to the EPQ with partial backordering and phase-dependent backordering rate," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 264-266.
- Hsieh, Tsu-Pang & Dye, Chung-Yuan, 2012. "A note on "The EPQ with partial backordering and phase-dependent backordering rate"," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 131-133, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.