A note on the deterministic EPQ with partial backordering
AbstractIn a recent paper published in Omega [Pentico DW, Drake MJ, Toews C. The deterministic EPQ with partial backordering: a new approach. Omega 2009; 37(3):624-36], the authors proposed an EPQ model with partial backordering. In the EPQ model, a critical value of backordering rate was developed, below which the optimal production policy is either to lose all sales or meet all demand, above which the optimal policy is to allow stockouts with partial backordering and meet fractional demand. However, there exists a flaw in the critical value of backordering rate, which will be amended in this note.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Omega.
Volume (Year): 37 (2009)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pentico, David W. & Drake, Matthew J., 2009. "The deterministic EOQ with partial backordering: A new approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 194(1), pages 102-113, April.
- Pentico, David W. & Drake, Matthew J. & Toews, Carl, 2009. "The deterministic EPQ with partial backordering: A new approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 624-636, June.
- Pentico, David W. & Drake, Matthew J., 2011. "A survey of deterministic models for the EOQ and EPQ with partial backordering," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 214(2), pages 179-198, October.
- Hsieh, Tsu-Pang & Dye, Chung-Yuan, 2012. "A note on "The EPQ with partial backordering and phase-dependent backordering rate"," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 131-133, January.
- Toews, Carl & Pentico, David W. & Drake, Matthew J., 2011. "The deterministic EOQ and EPQ with partial backordering at a rate that is linearly dependent on the time to delivery," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(2), pages 643-649, June.
- Stojkovska, Irena, 2013. "On the optimality of the optimal policies for the deterministic EPQ with partial backordering," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 919-923.
- Pentico, David W. & Drake, Matthew J. & Toews, Carl, 2011. "The EPQ with partial backordering and phase-dependent backordering rate," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 574-577, October.
- Wee, Hui-Ming & Wang, Wan-Tsu, 2012. "A supplement to the EPQ with partial backordering and phase-dependent backordering rate," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 264-266.
- Chang, Hung-Chi & Ho, Chia-Huei, 2010. "Exact closed-form solutions for "optimal inventory model for items with imperfect quality and shortage backordering"," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 233-237, June.
- Ramasesh, Ranga V., 2010. "Lot-sizing decisions under limited-time price incentives: A review," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 118-135, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.