A novel portfolio selection model in a hybrid uncertain environment
AbstractThe future returns of each securities cannot be correctly reflected by the securities data in the past, therefore the statistical techniques and the experts' judgement and experience are combined together to estimate the security returns in the future. In this paper, the returns of each securities are assumed to be fuzzy random variables, then following the ideas of mean variance model a new portfolio selection model in a hybrid uncertain environment is proposed. Moreover, the [lambda]-mean variance efficient frontiers and [lambda]-mean variance efficient portfolios are defined, and the properties of [lambda]-mean variance efficient portfolios located on different [lambda]-mean variance efficient frontiers are discussed. Finally, a numerical example is presented to illustrate the proposed portfolio selection model. On the basis of the results, we can conclude that the proposed model can provide the more flexible results.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Omega.
Volume (Year): 37 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arenas Parra, M. & Bilbao Terol, A. & Rodriguez Uria, M. V., 2001. "A fuzzy goal programming approach to portfolio selection," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 287-297, January.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, 03.
- Zmeskal, Zdenek, 2001. "Application of the fuzzy-stochastic methodology to appraising the firm value as a European call option," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 135(2), pages 303-310, December.
- Fang, Yong & Lai, K.K. & Wang, Shou-Yang, 2006. "Portfolio rebalancing model with transaction costs based on fuzzy decision theory," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 175(2), pages 879-893, December.
- Huang, Xiaoxia, 2007. "Two new models for portfolio selection with stochastic returns taking fuzzy information," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 180(1), pages 396-405, July.
- Perez Gladish, B. & Jones, D.F. & Tamiz, M. & Bilbao Terol, A., 2007. "An interactive three-stage model for mutual funds portfolio selection," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 75-88, February.
- Zmeskal, Zdenek, 2005. "Value at risk methodology under soft conditions approach (fuzzy-stochastic approach)," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 161(2), pages 337-347, March.
- Yoshida, Yuji, 2003. "The valuation of European options in uncertain environment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 145(1), pages 221-229, February.
- Bell, John E. & Griffis, Stanley E. & Cunningham III, William A. & Eberlan, Jon A., 2011. "Location optimization of strategic alert sites for homeland defense," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 151-158, April.
- Tsaur, Ruey-Chyn, 2013. "Fuzzy portfolio model with different investor risk attitudes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 227(2), pages 385-390.
- Hasuike, Takashi & Ishii, Hiroaki, 2009. "On flexible product-mix decision problems under randomness and fuzziness," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 770-787, August.
- Li, Deng-Feng, 2011. "Linear programming approach to solve interval-valued matrix games," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 655-666, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.