Generating random correlation matrices based on partial correlations
AbstractA d-dimensional positive definite correlation matrix R=([rho]ij) can be parametrized in terms of the correlations [rho]i,i+1 for i=1,...,d-1, and the partial correlations [rho]iji+1,...j-1 for j-i[greater-or-equal, slanted]2. These parameters can independently take values in the interval (-1,1). Hence we can generate a random positive definite correlation matrix by choosing independent distributions Fij, 1[less-than-or-equals, slant]i
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 97 (2006)
Issue (Month): 10 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Y. & Daniels, M.J., 2013. "Bayesian modeling of the dependence in longitudinal data via partial autocorrelations and marginal variances," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 130-140.
- Böhm, Walter & Hornik, Kurt, 2014. "Generating random correlation matrices by the simple rejection method: Why it does not work," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 27-30.
- Christopher J. Bennett, 2009. "p-Value Adjustments for Asymptotic Control of the Generalized Familywise Error Rate," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0905, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Joseph P. Romano & Azeem M. Shaikh & Michael Wolf, 2008.
"Control of the False Discovery Rate under Dependence using the Bootstrap and Subsampling,"
IEW - Working Papers
337, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Joseph Romano & Azeem Shaikh & Michael Wolf, 2008. "Control of the false discovery rate under dependence using the bootstrap and subsampling," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 417-442, November.
- Kirschstein, Thomas & Liebscher, Steffen & Becker, Claudia, 2013. "Robust estimation of location and scatter by pruning the minimum spanning tree," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 173-184.
- Lewandowski, Daniel & Kurowicka, Dorota & Joe, Harry, 2009. "Generating random correlation matrices based on vines and extended onion method," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(9), pages 1989-2001, October.
- Daniels, M.J. & Pourahmadi, M., 2009. "Modeling covariance matrices via partial autocorrelations," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(10), pages 2352-2363, November.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.