Estimating the spectral measure of a multivariate stable distribution via spherical harmonic analysis
AbstractA new method is developed for estimating the spectral measure of a multivariate stable probability measure, by representing the measure as a sum of spherical harmonics.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 87 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Matsui, Muneya & Takemura, Akimichi, 2009. "Integral representations of one-dimensional projections for multivariate stable densities," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(3), pages 334-344, March.
- Tsionas, Mike, 2012. "Simple techniques for likelihood analysis of univariate and multivariate stable distributions: with extensions to multivariate stochastic volatility and dynamic factor models," MPRA Paper 40966, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Aug 2012.
- Molchanov, Ilya, 2009. "Convex and star-shaped sets associated with multivariate stable distributions, I: Moments and densities," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(10), pages 2195-2213, November.
- LOMBARDI, Marco & VEREDAS, David, 2007.
"Indirect estimation of elliptical stable distributions,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2007018, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Lombardi, Marco J. & Veredas, David, 2009. "Indirect estimation of elliptical stable distributions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 2309-2324, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.