Integral representations of one-dimensional projections for multivariate stable densities
AbstractWe consider the numerical evaluation of one-dimensional projections of general multivariate stable densities introduced by Abdul-Hamid and Nolan [H. Abdul-Hamid, J.P. Nolan, Multivariate stable densities as functions of one dimensional projections, J. Multivariate Anal. 67 (1998) 80-89]. In their approach higher order derivatives of one-dimensional densities are used, which seems to be cumbersome in practice. Furthermore there are some difficulties for even dimensions. In order to overcome these difficulties we obtain the explicit finite-interval integral representation of one-dimensional projections for all dimensions. For this purpose we utilize the imaginary part of complex integration, whose real part corresponds to the derivative of the one-dimensional inversion formula. We also give summaries on relations between various parametrizations of stable multivariate density and its one-dimensional projection.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 100 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- 60E - - - - - -
- 60E - - - - - -
- 62H - - - - - -
- Mul - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - - - -
- sta - - - - - -
- dis - - - - - -
- Pro - Economic Systems - - - - -
- Com - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - - - -
- int - - - - - -
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Byczkowski, T. & Nolan, J. P. & Rajput, B., 1993. "Approximation of Multidimensional Stable Densities," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 13-31, July.
- Abdul-Hamid, Husein & Nolan, John P., 1998. "Multivariate Stable Densities as Functions of One Dimensional Projections," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 80-89, October.
- Nolan, John P., 1998. "Parameterizations and modes of stable distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 187-195, June.
- Pivato, Marcus & Seco, Luis, 2003. "Estimating the spectral measure of a multivariate stable distribution via spherical harmonic analysis," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 219-240, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.