Purchasing Power Parity in High-Inflation Eastern European Countries: Evidence from Fractional and Harris-Inder Cointegration Tests
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Macroeconomics.
Volume (Year): 21 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622617
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Taylor, Mark P. & McMahon, Patrick C., 1988. "Long-run purchasing power parity in the 1920s," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 179-197, January.
- Lee, Dongin & Schmidt, Peter, 1996.
"On the power of the KPSS test of stationarity against fractionally-integrated alternatives,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 285-302, July.
- Lee, D. & Schmidt, P., 1993. "On the Power of the KPSS Test of Stationarity Against Fractionally-Integrated Alternatives," Papers 9111, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Edison, Hali J. & Gagnon, Joseph E. & Melick, William R., 1997.
"Understanding the empirical literature on purchasing power parity: the post-Bretton Woods era,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 1-17, February.
- Hali J. Edison & Joseph E. Gagnon & William R. Melick, 1994. "Understanding the empirical literature on purchasing power parity: the post-Bretton Woods era," International Finance Discussion Papers 465, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-08, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mahdavi, Saeid & Zhou, Su, 1994. "Purchasing power parity in high-inflation countries: further evidence," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 403-422.
- Michael J. Dueker, 1993. "Hypothesis testing with near-unit roots: the case of long-run purchasing-power parity," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 37-48.
- Peter Liu, 1992. "Purchasing power parity in Latin America: A co-integration analysis," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 128(4), pages 662-680, December.
- Frenkel, Jacob A., 1978. "Purchasing power parity : Doctrinal perspective and evidence from the 1920s," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 169-191, May.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Lai, Kon S, 1993. "A Fractional Cointegration Analysis of Purchasing Power Parity," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(1), pages 103-12, January.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991.
"Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992. "Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Tom Doan, . "KPSS: RATS procedure to perform KPSS (Kwiatowski, Phillips, Schmidt, and Shin) stationarity test," Statistical Software Components RTS00100, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Kenneth Rogoff, 1996. "The Purchasing Power Parity Puzzle," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(2), pages 647-668, June.
- McNown, Robert & S. Wallace, Myles, 1989. "National price levels, purchasing power parity, and cointegration: a test of four high inflation economies," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 533-545, December.
- Phylaktis, Kate, 1992. "Purchasing power parity and cointegration: The Greek evidence from the 1920s," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 502-513, October.
- W. L. Chou & Y. C. Shih, 1997. "Long-run purchasing power parity and long-term memory: evidence from Asian newly industrialized countries," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(9), pages 575-578.
- Abuaf, Niso & Jorion, Philippe, 1990. " Purchasing Power Parity in the Long Run," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 157-74, March.
- Frenkel, Jacob A, 1980. "Exchange Rates, Prices, and Money: Lessons from the 1920's," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(2), pages 235-42, May.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Choudhry, Taufiq & McNown, Robert & Wallace, Myles, 1991. "Purchasing Power Parity and the Canadian Float in the 1950s," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(3), pages 558-63, August.
- Jacob A. Frenkel, 1980. "Exchange Rates, Prices and Money: Lessons from the 1920s," NBER Working Papers 0452, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- P. S. Sephton, 2002. "Fractional cointegration: Monte Carlo estimates of critical values, with an application," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(5), pages 331-335.
- Davutyan, Nurhan & Pippenger, John, 1985. "Purchasing Power Parity Did Not Collapse during the 1970's," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(5), pages 1151-58, December.
- Lee, Hyung S. & Amsler, Christine, 1997. "Consistency of the KPSS unit root test against fractionally integrated alternative," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 151-160, August.
- Arize, Augustine C. & Malindretos, John & Nam, Kiseok, 2010. "Cointegration, dynamic structure, and the validity of purchasing power parity in African countries," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 755-768, October.
- Chang, Tsangyao & Tzeng, Han-Wen, 2011. "Long-run purchasing power parity with asymmetric adjustment: Further evidence from nine transition countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 1383-1391, May.
- Dimitrios A. Sideris, 2007.
"Foreign Exchange Intervention and Equilibrium Real Exchange Rates,"
56, Bank of Greece.
- Sideris, Dimitrios A., 2008. "Foreign exchange intervention and equilibrium real exchange rates," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 344-357, October.
- Guneratne Banda Wickremasinghe, 2004.
"Purchasing Power Parity Hypothesis in Developing Economies:Some Empirical Evidence from Sri Lanka,"
- Guneratne B Wickremasinghe, 2004. "Purchasing Power Parity Hypothesis in Developing Economies: Some Empirical Evidence from Sri Lanka," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 236, Econometric Society.
- Maican, Florin G. & Sweeney, Richard J., 2013.
"Real exchange rate adjustment in European transition countries,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 907-926.
- Maican, Florin G. & Sweeney, Richard J., 2006. "Real Exchange Rate Adjustment In European Transition Countries," Working Papers in Economics 202, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Ho, Tsung-wu, 2005. "Investigating the threshold effects of inflation on PPP," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 926-948, September.
- Christev, Atanas & Noorbakhsh, Abbas, 2000. "Long-run purchasing power parity, prices and exchange rates in transition: The case of six Central and East European countries," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 87-108.
- Phengpis, Chanwit, 2006. "Market efficiency and cointegration of spot exchange rates during periods of economic turmoil: Another look at European and Asian currency crises," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 58(4), pages 323-342.
- Karsten Staehr, 2010. "Income convergence and inflation in Central and Eastern Europe : does the sun always rise in the East," Bank of Estonia Working Papers wp2010-04, Bank of Estonia, revised 22 Mar 2010.
- Nicolae Ghiba, 2011. "Purchasing Power Parity Influence On Real Exchange Rate Behavior In Romania," CES Working Papers, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 3, pages 524-536, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.