Long-run purchasing power parity and long-term memory: evidence from Asian newly industrialized countries
AbstractFractional cointegration in a trivariate model is used to test the long-run purchasing power parity hypothesis in four Asian newly industrialized economies. Critical values for the Geweke-Porter-Hudak tests based on Monte Carlo simulations are provided. Evidence of fractional cointegration arises when a linear trend is included. Subperiod analysis indicates that a shift in the exchange rate regime is likely to affect the results of cointegration tests
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 4 (1997)
Issue (Month): 9 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- E. Dubois & S. Lardic & V. Mignon, 2003.
"The exact maximum likelihood-based test for fractional cointegration: critical values, power and size,"
THEMA Working Papers
2003-26, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Emmanuel Dubois & Sandrine Lardic & Valérie Mignon, 2004. "The Exact Maximum Likelihood-Based Test for Fractional Cointegration: Critical Values, Power and Size," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 24(3), pages 239-255, July.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2003:i:14:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heng Chen & Bento J. Lobo & Wing-Keung Wong, 2006. "Links between the Indian, U.S. and Chinese Stock Markets," Departmental Working Papers wp0602, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Zheng Yi & Chen Heng & Wing-Keung Wong, 2009. "China’s Stock Market Integration with a Leading Power and a Close Neighbor," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(1), pages 38-74, December.
- Wing-Keung Wong & Aman Agarwal & Jun Du, 2005. "Financial Integration for India Stock Market, a Fractional Cointegration Approach," Departmental Working Papers wp0501, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Choudhry, Taufiq, 1999. "Purchasing Power Parity in High-Inflation Eastern European Countries: Evidence from Fractional and Harris-Inder Cointegration Tests," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 293-308, April.
- Wong Keung-Wing & Habibullah Khan & Jun Du, 2006. "Money, Interest Rate and Stock Prices: New Evidence from Singapore and The United States," Departmental Working Papers wp0601, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.