Explaining Japanese direct investment flows into an enlarged Europe: A comparison of gravity and economic potential approaches
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of the Japanese and International Economies.
Volume (Year): 18 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622903
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alan V. Deardorff, 1995.
"Determinants of Bilateral Trade: Does Gravity Work in a Neoclassical World?,"
NBER Working Papers
5377, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan Deardorff, 1998. "Determinants of Bilateral Trade: Does Gravity Work in a Neoclassical World?," NBER Chapters, in: The Regionalization of the World Economy, pages 7-32 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deardorff, A.V., 1995. "Determinants of Bilateral Trade : Does Gravity Work in a Neoclassical World?," Papers 95-05, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Eaton Jonathan & Tamura Akiko, 1994.
"Bilateralism and Regionalism in Japanese and U.S. Trade and Direct Foreign Investment Patterns,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 478-510, December.
- Jonathan Eaton & Akiko Tamura, 1995. "Bilateralism and Regionalism in Japanese and U.S. Trade and Direct Foreign Investment Patterns," NBER Working Papers 4758, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Eaton & Akilo Tamura, 1994. "Bilateralism and Regionalism in Japanese and U.S. Trade and Direct Foreign Investment Patterns," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 48, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Brenton, Paul & DiMauro, Francesca & Lücke, Matthias, 1998.
"Economic integration and FDI: an empirical analysis of foreign investment in the EU and in Central and Eastern Europe,"
Kiel Working Papers
890, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Paul Brenton & Francesca Di Mauro & Matthias LÃ¼cke, 1999. "Economic Integration and FDI: An Empirical Analysis of Foreign Investment in the EU and in Central and Eastern Europe," Empirica, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 95-121, June.
- Simon J. Evenett & Wolfgang Keller, 1996.
"On Theories Explaining the Success of the Gravity Equation,"
9608001, EconWPA, revised 13 Jun 1997.
- Simon J. Evenett & Wolfgang Keller, 2002. "On Theories Explaining the Success of the Gravity Equation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(2), pages 281-316, April.
- Simon J. Evenett & Wolfgang Keller, 1998. "On Theories Explaining the Success of the Gravity Equation," NBER Working Papers 6529, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fujita, Masahisa & Thisse, Jacques-François, 1996.
"Economics of Agglomeration,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1344, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fujita,Masahisa & Thisse,Jacques-Francois, 2002. "Economics of Agglomeration," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521805247, October.
- Fujita,Masahisa & Thisse,Jacques-Francois, 2002. "Economics of Agglomeration," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521801386, October.
- Fujita, Masahisa & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1996. "Economics of Agglomeration," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 339-378, December.
- Hans-Werner Sinn & Alfons J. Weichenrieder, 1997. "Foreign direct investment, political resentment and the privatization process in eastern Europe," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 12(24), pages 177-210, 04.
- Stephen Redding & Anthony J. Venables, 2001.
"Economic Geography and International Inequality,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0495, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Laura Resmini, 1999.
"The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment into the CEECs: New Evidence from Sectoral Patterns,"
LICOS Discussion Papers
8399, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Laura Resmini, 2000. "The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in the CEECs: New evidence from sectoral patterns," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 8(3), pages 665-689, November.
- Baldwin, Richard E., 1999.
"Agglomeration and endogenous capital,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 253-280, February.
- Robert C. Feenstra & James R. Markusen & Andrew K. Rose, 2001. "Using the gravity equation to differentiate among alternative theories of trade," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(2), pages 430-447, May.
- Midelfart-Knarvik, K.H. & Overman, H.G. & Venables, A.J., 2000.
"Comparative Advantage and Economic Geography: Estimating the Location of Production in the EU,"
18/00, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Overman, Henry G. & Ulltveit-Moe, Karen-Helene & Venables, Anthony J., 2000. "Comparative Advantage and Economic Geography: Estimating the Location of Production in the EU," CEPR Discussion Papers 2618, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Horstmann, Ignatius J. & Markusen, James R., 1992. "Endogenous market structures in international trade (natura facit saltum)," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-2), pages 109-129, February.
- Brenton, Paul & Di Mauro, Francesca, 1999. "The Potential Magnitude and Impact of FDI flows to CEECs," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 14, pages 59-74.
- John F. Helliwell & Geneviève Verdier, 2001. "Measuring internal trade distances: a new method applied to estimate provincial border effects in Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(4), pages 1024-1041, November.
- Andrzej Cieślik & Michael Ryan, 2002. "Characterising Japanese Direct Investment in Central and Eastern Europe: A Firm Level Investigation of Stylised Facts and Investment Characteristics," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 509-527.
- Kayam, Saime Suna & Hisarciklilar, Mehtap, 2009. "Determinants of Turkish FDI abroad," MPRA Paper 17813, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Saime Kayam & Alexandr Yabrukov & Mehtap Hisarciklilar, 2013.
"What Causes the Regional Disparity of FDI in Russia? A Spatial Analysis,"
Transition Studies Review,
Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 63-78, April.
- Kayam, Saime S. & Hisarciklilar, Mehtap & Yabrukov, Alexandr, 2007. "What causes the regional disparity of FDI in Russia? a spatial analysis," MPRA Paper 39151, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Inui, Tomohiko & Matsuura, Toshiyuki & Pocet, Sandra, 2008.
"The Location of Japanese MNCs Affiliates: Agglomeration Spillovers and Firm Heterogeneity,"
Discussion Paper Series
a506, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Tomohiko Inui & Toshiyuki Matsuura & Sandra Poncet, 2008. "The Location of Japanese MNC Affiliates: Agglomeration, Spillovers and Firm Heterogeneity," Working Papers 2008-24, CEPII research center.
- Ivan Deseatnicov & Hiroya Akiba, 2013. "Reconsideration of the Effects of Political Factors on FDI: Evidence from Japanese Outward FDI," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 3, pages 35-48, February.
- Hiroyuki Hino & Atsushi Iimi, 2008. "Aid Effectiveness Revisited: Comparative Studies of Modalities of Aid to Asia and Africa," Discussion Paper Series 218, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Andrzej Cieślik, 2005. "Regional characteristics and the location of foreign firms within Poland," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 37(8), pages 863-874.
- Kayam, Saime Suna & Ecer, Sencer & Gupta, R, 2011. "Social determinants of intra-regional dispersion of FDI in India," MPRA Paper 39153, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tomasz Brodzicki, 2005. "New empirical insights into the growth effects of economic integration within EU," International Trade 0505014, EconWPA.
- Chou, Kuang-Hann & Chen, Chien-Hsun & Mai, Chao-Cheng, 2011. "The impact of third-country effects and economic integration on China's outward FDI," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 2154-2163, September.
- Hisarciklilar, Mehtap & Kayam, Saime Suna & Kayalica, Ozgur, 2006. "Locational Drivers of FDI in MENA Countries: A Spatial Attempt," MPRA Paper 2085, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yulia Gorbunova & Davide Infante & Janna Smirnova, 2012. "New Evidence On Fdi Determinants: An Appraisal Over The Transition Period," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(2), pages 129-149.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.