Policies for African seed enterprise development
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Food Policy.
Volume (Year): 26 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tripp, Robert & Louwaars, Niels, 1997. "Seed regulation: choices on the road to reform," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 433-446, October.
- Wiggins, Steve & Cromwell, Elizabeth, 1995. "NGOs and seed provision to smallholders in developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 413-422, March.
- Weeks, John & Subasat, Turan, 1998. "The potential for agricultural trade among Eastern and Southern African countries," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 73-88, February.
- Shepherd, Andrew, 1989. "Approaches to the privatization of fertilizer marketing in Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 143-154, May.
- Rohrbach, D. D. & Minde, I. J. & Howard, J., 2003. "Looking beyond national boundaries: regional harmonization of seed policies, laws and regulations," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 317-333, August.
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Nagarajan, Latha & Salau, Sheu & Oyekale, Abayomi, 2010. "Nigerian farmersâ€™ preferences on the timing of the purchase of rice, cowpea, and maize seeds:," NSSP working papers 20, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Langyintuo, Augustine S. & Mwangi, Wilfred & Diallo, Alpha O. & MacRobert, John & Dixon, John & Bänziger, Marianne, 2010. "Challenges of the maize seed industry in eastern and southern Africa: A compelling case for private-public intervention to promote growth," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 323-331, August.
- Tripp, Robert, 2002. "Can the public sector meet the challenge of private research? Commentary on "Falcon and Fowler" and "Pingali and Traxler"," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 239-246, June.
- Hugo De Groote & George Owuor & Cheryl Doss & James Ouma & Lutta Muhammad & K. Danda, 2005.
"The Maize Green Revolution in Kenya Revisited,"
The Electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics,
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, vol. 2(1), pages 32-49.
- De Groote, Hugo & Owuor, George & Doss, Cheryl R. & Ouma, James Okuro & Muhammad, Lutta & Danda, Milton Kengo, 2005. "The Maize Green Revolution in Kenya Revisited," eJADE: electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, vol. 2(1).
- Langyintuo, Augustine S. & Mwangi, Wilfred & Diallo, Alpha O. & MacRobert, John F. & Dixon, John & Banziger, Marianne, 2009. "An analysis of the challenges of the maize seed industry in eastern and southern Africa," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51713, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kremer, Michael & Zwane, Alix Peterson, 2005. "Encouraging Private Sector Research for Tropical Agriculture," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 87-105, January.
- Gbegbelegbe, Sika & De Groote, Hugo, 2012. "Spatial and Temporal Maize Price Analysis in East Africa," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126844, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nassul S. Kabunga & Thomas Dubois & Matin Qaim, 2011. "Impact of Tissue Culture Banana Technology on Farm Household Income and Food Security in Kenya," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 89, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Adesina, Akinwumi A., 2013. "Global food and financial crises: lessons and imperatives for accelerating food production in Africa," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 8(4), October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.