Debt Restructuring with Multiple Creditors and the Role of Exchange Offers
AbstractExploiting the analogy with the private provision of a public good, this paper studies debt restructuring with an arbitrary number of creditors using mechanism design.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Intermediation.
Volume (Year): 5 (1996)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622875
Other versions of this item:
- Detragiache, E. & Garella, P.G., 1996. "Debt Restructuring with Multiple Creditors and the Role of Exchange Offers," Papers 261, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
- H60 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - General
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hege, Ulrich, 2003. "Workouts, court-supervised reorganization and the choice between private and public debt," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 233-269, March.
- Ernst-Ludwig VON THADDEN & Erik BERGLÖF & Gérard ROLAND, 2003. "Optimal Debt Design and the Role of Bankruptcy," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du DÃ©partement d'EconomÃ©trie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 03.13, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Claude Fluet & Paolo G. Garella, 2007.
"Relying on the Information of Others: Debt Rescheduling with Multiple Lenders,"
Development Working Papers
232, Centro Studi Luca d\'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Claude Fluet & Paolo G. Garella, 2007. "Relying on the Information of Others: Debt Rescheduling with Multiple Lenders," Cahiers de recherche 0716, CIRPEE.
- Machauer, Achim & Weber, Martin, 1998. "Bank behavior based on internal credit ratings of borrowers," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(10-11), pages 1355-1383, October.
- Hege, U. & Mella-Barral, P., 1999.
"Collateral, Renegotiation and the Value of Diffusely Held Debt,"
1999-94, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Pierre Mella-Barral & Ulrich Hege, 2000. "Collateral, Renegotiation and the Value of Diffusely Held Debt," FMG Discussion Papers dp339, Financial Markets Group.
- Hege, Ulrich & Mella-Barral, Pierre, 2000. "Collateral, Renegotiation And The Value Of Diffusely Held Debt," CEPR Discussion Papers 2417, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Patrick Bolton, 2003. "Toward a Statutory Approach to Sovereign Debt Restructuring: Lessons from Corporate Bankruptcy Practice around the World," IMF Working Papers 03/13, International Monetary Fund.
- Ulrich Hege & Pierre Mella-Barral, 2005.
"Repeated Dilution of Diffusely Held Debt,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(3), pages 737-786, May.
- Berlin, Mitchell & Mester, Loretta J., 2001. "Lender Liability and Large Investors," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 108-137, April.
- Bazzana Flavio & Broccardo Eleonora, 2013. "The role of bondholder coordination in freeze-out exchange offers," Journal of Financial Management, Markets and Institutions, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 51-65, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.