Crossborder dividend taxation and the preferences of taxable and nontaxable investors: Evidence from Canada
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 78 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McDonald, Robert L, 2001. "Cross-Border Investing with Tax Arbitrage: The Case of German Dividend Tax Credits," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(3), pages 617-57.
- Joel M. Dickson & John B. Shoven, 1994. "A Stock Index Mutual Fund Without Net Capital Gains Realizations," NBER Working Papers 4717, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Woodrow T. Johnson, 2004. "Predictable Investment Horizons and Wealth Transfers among Mutual Fund Shareholders," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(5), pages 1979-2012, October.
- Barclay, Michael J. & Pearson, Neil D. & Weisbach, Michael S., 1998. "Open-end mutual funds and capital-gains taxes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 3-43, July.
- Susan E. K. Christoffersen & David K. Musto, 2002.
"Demand Curves and the Pricing of Money Management,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(5), pages 1499-1524.
- Erik R. Sirri & Peter Tufano, 1998. "Costly Search and Mutual Fund Flows," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(5), pages 1589-1622, October.
- Michael C. Jensen, 1968. "The Performance Of Mutual Funds In The Period 1945–1964," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(2), pages 389-416, 05.
- Busse, Jeffrey A., 2001. "Another Look at Mutual Fund Tournaments," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(01), pages 53-73, March.
- Mark M. Carhart & Ron Kaniel & David K. Musto & Adam V. Reed, 2002. "Leaning for the Tape: Evidence of Gaming Behavior in Equity Mutual Funds," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(2), pages 661-693, 04.
- Cheol S. Eun & Sanjiv Sabherwal, 2003. "Cross-Border Listings and Price Discovery: Evidence from U.S.-Listed Canadian Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(2), pages 549-576, 04.
- Brown, Keith C & Harlow, W V & Starks, Laura T, 1996. " Of Tournaments and Temptations: An Analysis of Managerial Incentives in the Mutual Fund Industry," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 85-110, March.
- Bergstresser, Daniel & Poterba, James, 2002.
"Do after-tax returns affect mutual fund inflows?,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 381-414, March.
- Goetzmann, William N. & Ivković, Zoran & Rouwenhorst, K. Geert, 2001.
"Day Trading International Mutual Funds: Evidence and Policy Solutions,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(03), pages 287-309, September.
- William Goetzmann & Zoran Ivkovich & K. Rouwenhorst, 2000. "Day Trading International Mutual Funds: Evidence And Policy Solutions," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm138, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Jun 2001.
- Laurence Booth, 1987. "The Dividend Tax Credit and Canadian Ownership Objectives," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 20(2), pages 321-39, May.
- Clemens Sialm & T. Mandy Tham, 2011. "Spillover Effects in Mutual Fund Companies," NBER Working Papers 17292, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giuseppe Cappelletti & Giovanni Guazzarotti & Pietro Tommasino, 2013. "Tax deferral and mutual fund inflows: evidence from a quasi-natural experiment," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 938, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Mihir A. Desai & Dhammika Dharmapala, 2007.
"Taxes, Institutions and Foreign Diversification Opportunities,"
NBER Working Papers
13132, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Desai, Mihir A. & Dharmapala, Dhammika, 2009. "Taxes, institutions and foreign diversification opportunities," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(5-6), pages 703-714, June.
- Mihir A. Desai & Dhammika Dharmapala, 2008. "Taxes, Institutions and Foreign Diversification Opportunities," Working Papers 0828, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Woodrow T. Johnson & James M. Poterba, 2008. "Taxes and Mutual Fund Inflows Around Distribution Dates," NBER Working Papers 13884, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pedro A. C. Saffi & Kari Sigurdsson, 2011.
"Price Efficiency and Short Selling,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(3), pages 821-852.
- Kadapakkam, Palani-Rajan & Meisami, Alex & Shi, Yilun, 2010. "Lost in translation: Delayed ex-dividend price adjustments of Hong Kong ADRs," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 647-655, March.
- Choy, HiuLam & Gul, Ferdinand A. & Yao, Jun, 2011. "Does political economy reduce agency costs? Some evidence from dividend policies around the world," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 16-35, January.
- Clemens Sialm & Laura Starks, 2009.
"Mutual Fund Tax Clienteles,"
NBER Working Papers
15327, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jacob, Martin, 2010. "Taxation, Dividends, and Share Repurchases: Taking Evidence Global," Working Paper Series, Center for Fiscal Studies 2010:10, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- von Eije, Henk & Megginson, William L., 2008. "Dividends and share repurchases in the European Union," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 347-374, August.
- Mihir A. Desai & Dhammika Dharmapala, 2007. "Taxes and Portfolio Choice: Evidence from JGTRRA's Treatment of International Dividends," NBER Working Papers 13281, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.