Day Trading International Mutual Funds: Evidence And Policy Solutions
AbstractDaily pricing of mutual funds provides liquidity to investors but is subject to valuation errors due to the inability to observe synchronous, fair security prices at the end of the trading day. This may hurt fund investors if speculators strategically seek to exploit mispricing or if the net flow of money into funds is correlated with these pricing errors. We show that mutual funds are exposed to speculative traders by usin
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Yale School of Management in its series Yale School of Management Working Papers with number ysm138.
Date of creation: 01 Apr 2000
Date of revision: 01 Jun 2001
Other versions of this item:
- Goetzmann, William N. & Ivković, Zoran & Rouwenhorst, K. Geert, 2001. "Day Trading International Mutual Funds: Evidence and Policy Solutions," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(03), pages 287-309, September.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dubofsky, David A., 2010. "Mutual fund portfolio trading and investor flow," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 802-812, April.
- Jay R. Ritter, 2008. "Forensic Finance," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 22(3), pages 127-47, Summer.
- Eric Zitzewitz, 2006.
"How Widespread Was Late Trading in Mutual Funds?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 284-289, May.
- Dirk Nitzsche & Keith Cuthbertson & Niall O'Sullivan, 2005. "Mutual Fund Performance: Skill Or Luck?," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2005 4, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Marcin Kacperczyk & Clemens Sialm & Lu Zheng, 2008.
"Unobserved Actions of Mutual Funds,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(6), pages 2379-2416, November.
- James J. Choi & David Laibson & Andrew Metrick, .
"Does the Internet Increase Trading? Evidence from Investor Behavior in 401(K) Plans,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
15-00, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- James J. Choi & David Laibson & Andrew Metrick, 2000. "Does the Internet Increase Trading? Evidence from Investor Behavior in 401(k) Plans," NBER Working Papers 7878, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tsai, Pei-Jung, 2010. "Country funds and the role of international equity flows in pricing and in premiums and discounts," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 43-70.
- Qian, Meijun, 2011. "Is "voting with your feet" an effective mutual fund governance mechanism?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 45-61, February.
- Nanda, Vikram K. & Wang, Z. Jay & Zheng, Lu, 2009. "The ABCs of mutual funds: On the introduction of multiple share classes," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 329-361, July.
- Chong, Terence Tai-Leung & Wong, Ying-Chiu & Yan, Isabel Kit-Ming, 2008. "International linkages of the Japanese stock market," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 601-621, December.
- Delcoure, Natalya & Zhong, Maosen, 2007. "On the premiums of iShares," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 168-195, March.
- Eric Zitzewitz, 2003.
"Who Cares About Shareholders? Arbitrage-Proofing Mutual Funds,"
Journal of Law, Economics and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 19(2), pages 245-280, October.
- Zitzewitz, Eric, 2002. "Who Cares About Shareholders? Arbitrage-Proofing Mutual Funds," Research Papers 1749, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Chua, Choong Tze & Lai, Sandy & Wu, Yangru, 2008. "Effective fair pricing of international mutual funds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 2307-2324, November.
- Cici, Gjergji & Gibson, Scott & Merrick Jr., John J., 2011. "Missing the marks? Dispersion in corporate bond valuations across mutual funds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 206-226, July.
- Cici, Gjergji & Gibson, Scott & Moussawi, Rabih, 2010. "Mutual fund performance when parent firms simultaneously manage hedge funds," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 169-187, April.
- Susan E. K. Christoffersen & Christopher C. Geczy & David K. Musto & Adam V. Reed, 2004. "Do Shareholders' Preferences Affect their Funds' Management? Evidence from the Cross Section of Shareholders and Funds," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-22, CIRANO.
- Tsai, Pei-Jung, 2009. "International equity flows and country funds," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 862-894, December.
- Patrick E. McCabe, 2009. "The economics of the mutual fund trading scandal," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2009-06, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Christoffersen, Susan E.K. & Geczy, Christopher C. & Musto, David K. & Reed, Adam V., 2005. "Crossborder dividend taxation and the preferences of taxable and nontaxable investors: Evidence from Canada," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 121-144, October.
- Greene, Jason T. & Hodges, Charles W. & Rakowski, David A., 2007. "Daily mutual fund flows and redemption policies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 3822-3842, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.