CEO compensation and incentives: Evidence from M&A bonuses
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 73 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marco Celentani & Rosa Loveira & Pablo Ruiz-Verdú, 2010. "Executive Pay with Observable Decisions," Working Papers 2010-29, FEDEA.
- Lucian Bebchuk & Yaniv Grinstein, 2005. "Firm Expansion and CEO Pay," NBER Working Papers 11886, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francis, Bill & Hasan, Iftekhar & Sharma, Zenu, 2011.
"Leverage and growth: Effect of stock options,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 63(6), pages 558-581.
- Dirk Jenter & Katharina Lewellen, 2011.
"CEO Preferences and Acquisitions,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3681, CESifo Group Munich.
- Felipe Balmaceda, 2006.
"Mergers and CEO power,"
Documentos de Trabajo
224, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Felipe Balmaceda, 2009. "Mergers and CEO Power," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 165(3), pages 454-486, September.
- Bugeja, Martin & Matolcsy, Zoltan P. & Spiropoulos, Helen, 2012. "Is there a gender gap in CEO compensation?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 849-859.
- Renneboog, L.D.R. & Zhao, Y., 2013. "Director Networks and Takeovers," Discussion Paper 2013-056, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Yermack, David, 2006.
"Golden Handshakes: Separation Pay for Retired and Dismissed CEOs,"
SIFR Research Report Series
41, Institute for Financial Research.
- Yermack, David, 2006. "Golden handshakes: Separation pay for retired and dismissed CEOs," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 237-256, September.
- Makhija, Anil K. & Narayanan, Rajesh P., 2007. "Fairness Opinions in Mergers and Acquisitions," Working Paper Series 2007-11, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Yudan Zheng, 2010. "The effect of CEO tenure on CEO compensation: Evidence from inside CEOs vs outside CEOs," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(10), pages 832-859, October.
- S. Certo & Catherine Dalton & Dan Dalton & Richard Lester, 2008. "Boards of Directorsâ€™ Self Interest: Expanding for Pay in Corporate Acquisitions?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 77(2), pages 219-230, January.
- Fabel, Oliver & Kolmar, Martin, 2012. "Do parachutes discipline managers? An analysis of takeover battles," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 224-232.
- Lam, Kevin C.K. & McGuinness, Paul B. & Vieito, João Paulo, 2013. "CEO gender, executive compensation and firm performance in Chinese‐listed enterprises," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1136-1159.
- Rongbing Huang & James G. Tompkins, 2010. "Corporate governance and investor reactions to seasoned equity offerings," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(7), pages 603-628, July.
- Malcolm Arnold & David Parker, 2009. "Stock market perceptions of the motives for mergers in cases reviewed by the UK competition authorities: an empirical analysis," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(4), pages 211-233.
- Richard J. Rosen, 2004. "Betcha can’t acquire just one: merger programs and compensation," Working Paper Series WP-04-22, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- repec:fip:fedhpr:y:2004:i:may:p:267-287 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kräkel, Matthias & Müller, Daniel, 2013. "Merger Efficiency and Managerial Incentives," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 410, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Ozkan, Neslihan, 2012. "Do CEOs gain more in foreign acquisitions than domestic acquisitions?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1122-1138.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.