Going public and the ownership structure of the firm
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 49 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul Milgrom & Nancy L.Stokey, 1979.
"Information, Trade, and Common Knowledge,"
377R, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Hansen, Robert G, 1985. "Auctions with Contingent Payments," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 862-65, September.
- Hanley, Kathleen Weiss & Wilhelm Jr., William J., 1995. "Evidence on the strategic allocation of initial public offerings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 239-257, February.
- Marco Pagano & Fabio Panetta & and Luigi Zingales, 1998.
"Why Do Companies Go Public? An Empirical Analysis,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 53(1), pages 27-64, 02.
- Marco Pagano & Fabio Panetta & Luigi Zingales, . "Why Do Companies Go Public? An Empirical Analysis," CRSP working papers 330, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Marco Pagano & Fabio Panetta & Luigi Zingales, 1995. "Why Do Companies Go Public? An Empirical Analysis," NBER Working Papers 5367, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pagano, Marco & Panetta, Fabio & Zingales, Luigi, 1996. "Why Do Companies Go Public? An Empirical Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 1332, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bebchuk, Lucian Arye, 1994.
"Efficient and Inefficient Sales of Corporate Control,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 109(4), pages 957-93, November.
- Lucian Arye Bebchuk, 1995. "Efficient and Inefficient Sales of Corporate Control," NBER Working Papers 4788, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Welch, Ivo, 1989. " Seasoned Offerings, Imitation Costs, and the Underpricing of Initial Public Offerings," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(2), pages 421-49, June.
- Kahan, Marcel, 1993. "Sales of Corporate Control," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 368-79, October.
- Milgrom, Paul R & Weber, Robert J, 1982.
"A Theory of Auctions and Competitive Bidding,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(5), pages 1089-1122, September.
- Mikkelson, Wayne H. & Ruback, Richard S., 1985. "An empirical analysis of the interfirm equity investment process," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 523-553, December.
- Hirshleifer, David & Titman, Sheridan, 1990. "Share Tendering Strategies and the Success of Hostile Takeover Bids," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(2), pages 295-324, April.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1986.
"Large Shareholders and Corporate Control,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 461-88, June.
- Zingales, Luigi, 1995. "Insider Ownership and the Decision to Go Public," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(3), pages 425-48, July.
- Marra, T.A. & Suijs, J.P.M., 2000. "Going-Public and the Influence of Disclosure Environment," Discussion Paper 2000-15, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kim, Woojin & Weisbach, Michael S., 2008.
"Motivations for public equity offers: An international perspective,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 281-307, February.
- Woojin Kim & Michael S. Weisbach, 2005. "Motivations for Public Equity Offers: An International Perspective," NBER Working Papers 11797, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francis, Bill B. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Sun, Xian, 2009.
"Political connections and the process of going public: Evidence from China,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 696-719, June.
- Francis , Bill B & Hasan, Iftekhar & Sun, Xian, 2009. "Political connections and the process of going public: evidence from China," Research Discussion Papers 7/2009, Bank of Finland.
- Chitru S. Fernando & Srinivasan Krishnamurthy & Paul A. Spindt, 2002. "Is the Offer Price in IPOs Informative? Underpricing, Ownership Structure, and Performance," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 01-33, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Richard J. Rosen & Scott B. Smart & Chad J. Zutter, 2005. "Why do firms go public? evidence from the banking industry," Working Paper Series WP-05-17, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Ljungqvist, Alexander & Boehmer, Ekkehart, 2004. "On the decision to go public: Evidence from privately-held firms," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2004,16, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Ann E. Sherman & Sheridan Titman, 2000.
"Building the IPO Order Book: Underpricing and Participation Limits With Costly Information,"
NBER Working Papers
7786, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sherman, Ann E. & Titman, Sheridan, 2002. "Building the IPO order book: underpricing and participation limits with costly information," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 3-29, July.
- Géraldine Broye & Alain Schatt, 2003. "Sous-évaluation à l'introduction et cessions d'actions par les actionnaires d'origine:le cas français," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 6(2), pages 67-89, June.
- Arnoud W.A. Boot & Radhakrishnan Gopalan & Anjan V. Thakor, 2003.
"Go Public or Stay Private: A Theory of Entrepreneurial Choice,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
03-096/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Boot, Arnoud W A & Gopalan, Radhakrishnan & Thakor, Anjan, 2004. "Go Public or Stay Private: A Theory of Entrepreneurial Choice," CEPR Discussion Papers 4219, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Köke, Jens, 2001. "Determinants of acquisition and failure: stylized facts and lessons for empirical studies," ZEW Discussion Papers 01-30, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Jean Helwege & Nellie Liang, 2003. "Initial public offerings in hot and cold markets," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2003-04, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rajaa Mtanios & Mathieu Paquerot, 1999. "Structure de propriété et sous-performance des firmes:une étude empirique sur le marché au comptant, le règlement mensuel et le second marché," Working Papers FARGO 0991202, Université de Bourgogne - Crego EA 7317/Fargo (Research center in Finance,organizational ARchitecture and GOvernance).
- Tomas Mantecon & Paul Thistle, 2011. "The IPO market as a screening device and the going public decision: evidence from acquisitions of privately and publicly held firms," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 325-361, October.
- Armando Gomes, .
"Going Public with Asymmetric Information, Agency Costs and Dynamic Trading,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
09-97, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Armando Gomes, . "Going Public with Asymmetric Information, Agency Costs, and Dynamic Trading," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 4-99, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Armando Gomes, . "Going Public with Asymmetric Information, Agency Costs, and Dynamic Trading," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 04-99, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Ehrhardt, Olaf & Lahr, Henry, 2008. "Uncertain private benefits and the decision to go public," CEFS Working Paper Series 2008-02, Center for Entrepreneurial and Financial Studies (CEFS), Technische Universität München.
- Mayur, Manas & Kumar, Manoj, 2006. "An Empirical Investigation of Going Public Decision of Indian Companies," MPRA Paper 1801, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wagner, W.B., 2002. "Divestment, Entrepreneurial Incentives and the Decision to go Public," Discussion Paper 2002-47, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.