Why firms issue convertible bonds: the matching of financial and real investment options
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 47 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeremy C. Stein, 1992.
"Convertible Bonds as "Back Door" Equity Financing,"
NBER Working Papers
4028, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Miller, Merton H & Rock, Kevin, 1985. " Dividend Policy under Asymmetric Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1031-51, September.
- Eugene F. Brigham, 1966. "An Analysis Of Convertible Debentures: Theory And Some Empirical Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 21(1), pages 35-54, 03.
- Green, Richard C., 1984. "Investment incentives, debt, and warrants," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 115-136, March.
- Mikkelson, Wayne H., 1981. "Convertible calls and security returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 237-264, September.
- Brennan, Michael J & Kraus, Alan, 1987. " Efficient Financing under Asymmetric Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(5), pages 1225-43, December.
- Bhagat, Sanjai & Frost, Peter A., 1986. "Issuing costs to existing shareholders in competitive and negotiated underwritten public utility equity offerings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 233-259.
- Masulis, Ronald W. & Korwar, Ashok N., 1986. "Seasoned equity offerings : An empirical investigation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 91-118.
- Sahlman, William A., 1990. "The structure and governance of venture-capital organizations," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 473-521, October.
- Schultz, Paul, 1993. "Unit initial public offerings *1: A form of staged financing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 199-229, October.
- Eckbo, B. Espen, 1986. "Valuation effects of corporate debt offerings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 119-151.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Chaplinsky, Susan & Hansen, Robert S, 1993. "Partial Anticipation, the Flow of Information and the Economic Impact of Corporate Debt Sales," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(3), pages 709-32.
- Singh, Ajai K. & Cowan, Arnold R. & Nayar, Nandkumar, 1991. "Underwritten calls of convertible bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 173-196, March.
- Harris, Milton & Raviv, Artur, 1985. " A Sequential Signalling Model of Convertible Debt Call Policy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(5), pages 1263-81, December.
- Asquith, Paul & Mullins, David W, Jr, 1991. " Convertible Debt: Corporate Call Policy and Voluntary Conversion," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1273-89, September.
- Jensen, Michael C, 1986. "Agency Costs of Free Cash Flow, Corporate Finance, and Takeovers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 323-29, May.
- Mikkelson, Wayne H. & Partch, M. Megan, 1986. "Valuation effects of security offerings and the issuance process," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 31-60.
- Dann, Larry Y. & Mikkelson, Wayne H., 1984. "Convertible debt issuance, capital structure change and financing-related information : Some new evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 157-186, June.
- Asquith, Paul & Mullins, David Jr., 1986. "Equity issues and offering dilution," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 61-89.
- Wolfgang Drobetz & Matthias C. Grüninger & Claudia B. Wöhle, 2006. "Warum begeben Unternehmen Wandelanleihen?," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 142(III), pages 331-365, September.
- Pascal François & Georges Hubner & Nicolas Papageorgiou, 2009. "A Dynamic Model of Risk-Shifting Incentives with Convertible Debt," Cahiers de recherche 0930, CIRPEE.
- Georg Gebhardt & Klaus M. Schmidt, 2002.
"Der Markt für Venture Capital: Anreizprobleme, Governance Strukturen und staatliche Interventionen,"
Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 3(3), pages 235-255, 08.
- Gebhardt, Georg & Schmidt, Klaus M., 2001. "Der Markt für Venture Capital: Anreizprobleme, Governance Strukturen und staatliche Interventionen," Discussion Papers in Economics 31, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Frank Lin & Gerard Gannon, 2007. "Private Placement and Share Price Reaction: Evidence from the Australian Biotechnology and Health Care Sector," Accounting, Finance, Financial Planning and Insurance Series 2007_05, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Loncarski, I. & Horst, J.R. ter & Veld, C.H., 2006. "Why do Companies issue Convertible Bond Loans? An Empirical Analysis for the Canadian Market," Discussion Paper 2006-65, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Julio, Brandon & Kim, Woojin & Weisbach, Michael S., 2008.
"What Determines the Structure of Corporate Debt Issues?,"
Working Paper Series
2008-11, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Brandon Julio & Woojin Kim & Michael Weisbach, 2007. "What Determines the Structure of Corporate Debt Issues?," NBER Working Papers 13706, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lanfang Wang & Susheng Wang, 2009. "Convertibles and milestones in staged financing," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 189-221, April.
- Marion Hutchinson, 2001. "A Contracting-Agency Analysis of the Association between Firm Risk, Incentives and Firm Performance: An Australian Perspective," Accounting, Finance, Financial Planning and Insurance Series 2001_05, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Fernando Díaz & Rodolfo Martell & Gabriel Ramírez, 2011. "Agency Effects in the Convertible Debt Puzzle: An Empirical Investigation," Working Papers 26, Facultad de Economía y Empresa, Universidad Diego Portales.
- Francis, Jennifer & Olsson, Per & Schipper, Katherine, 2005. "Call Options and Accruals Quality," SIFR Research Report Series 34, Institute for Financial Research.
- Billett, Matthew T. & Jiang, Zhan & Lie, Erik, 2010. "The effect of change-in-control covenants on takeovers: Evidence from leveraged buyouts," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 1-15, February.
- An Yan & Debarshi Nandy & Thomas Chemmanur, 2004. "Why Issue Mandatory Convertibles? Theory and Empirical Evidence," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 456, Econometric Society.
- Matthias C. Grüninger & Claudia B. Wöhle, 2005. "Warum begeben Unternehmen Wandelanleihen?," Working papers 2005/02, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Khalid Elbadraoui & Jean-Jacques Lilti & Bouchra M'Zali, 2008. "La performance opérationnelle à long terme des entreprises françaises émettrices d’obligations convertibles," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 11(3), pages 125-154, September.
- Véronique Bastin & Albert Corhay & Georges Hübner & Pierre-Armand Michel, 2002. "Development path and capital structure of belgian biotechnology firms," Working Paper Research 30, National Bank of Belgium.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.