Optimal Regulation with Unknown Demand and Cost Functions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 84 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McAfee, R. Preston & McMillan, John, 1988. "Multidimensional incentive compatibility and mechanism design," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 335-354, December.
- Tracy R. Lewis & David E.M. Sappington, 1988. "Regulating a Monopolist with Unknown Demand and Cost Functions," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(3), pages 438-457, Autumn.
- David P. Baron & Roger B. Myerson, 1979.
"Regulating a Monopolist with Unknown Costs,"
412, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Lewis, Tracy R & Sappington, David E M, 1988. "Regulating a Monopolist with Unknown Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 986-98, December.
- Armstrong, Mark, 1996. "Multiproduct Nonlinear Pricing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(1), pages 51-75, January.
- Asker, John & Cantillon, Estelle, 2005. "Optimal Procurement When Both Price and Quality Matter," CEPR Discussion Papers 5276, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Vislie, Jon, 2003. "Domestic Environmental Policy under Asymmetric Information: The role of foreign ownership, outside options and market power," Memorandum 19/2003, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Daniel Danau & Annalisa Vinella, 2010. "Optimal contracting with private information on cost expectation and variability," CRIEFF Discussion Papers 1007, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- Barelli, Paulo & Basov, Suren & Bugarin, Mauricio & King, Ian King, 2010.
"The Inclusiveness of Exclusion,"
Insper Working Papers
wpe_211, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Pierre-Henri MORAND & Lionel THOMAS, 2006. "Efficient procurement with quality concerns," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 2006022, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- F. Barigozzi & N. Burani, 2013. "Bidimensional screening with intrinsically motivated workers," Working Papers wp866, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Blackorby, Charles & Szalay, Dezsö, 2008. "Regulating a Monopolist with unknown costs and unknown quality capacity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 858, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Vislie,J., 2000. "Environmental regulation under asymmetric information with type-dependent outside option," Memorandum 18/2000, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- F. Barigozzi & N. Burani, 2014. "Competition and Screening with Skilled and Motivated Workers," Working Papers wp953, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Huric Larsen, J.F., 2012. "Public firm incentives under asymmetric information and prospect of deregulation and privatization," MPRA Paper 39351, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paulo Barelli & Suren Basov & Mauricio Bugarin & Ian King, 2012.
"The Robustness of Exclusion in Multi-dimensional Screening,"
RCER Working Papers
576, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Paulo Barelli & Suren Basov & Mauricio Bugarin & Ian King, 2012. "The Robustness of Exclusion in Multi-dimensional Screening," RCER Working Papers 571, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Alma Cohen & Liran Einav, 2007.
"Estimating Risk Preferences from Deductible Choice,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 97(3), pages 745-788, June.
- Alma Cohen & Liran Einav, 2005. "Estimating Risk Preferences from Deductible Choice," Discussion Papers 04-031, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Alma Cohen & Liran Einav, 2005. "Estimating Risk Preferences from Deductible Choice," NBER Working Papers 11461, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vislie,J., 2001. "Environmental regulation, asymmetric information and foreign ownership," Memorandum 07/2001, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- María Angeles García Valiñas, 2004. "Eficiencia y equidad en el diseño de precios óptimos para bienes y servicios públicos," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 168(1), pages 95-119, march.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.