Innovation timing games: a general framework with applications
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 121 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Glenn C. Loury, 1976.
"Market Structure and Innovation,"
256, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Reinganum, Jennifer F., 1981.
"Dynamic games of innovation,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 21-41, August.
- Simon, Leo K & Stinchcombe, Maxwell B, 1989.
"Extensive Form Games in Continuous Time: Pure Strategies,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(5), pages 1171-1214, September.
- Leo K. Simon and Maxwell B. Stinchcombe., 1987. "Extensive Form Games in Continuous Time: Pure Strategies," Economics Working Papers 8746, University of California at Berkeley.
- Simon, Leo K. & Stinchcombe, Maxwell B., 1987. "Extensive From Games in Continuous Time: Pure Strategies," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt03x115sh, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Reinganum, Jennifer., .
"Strategic Search Theory,"
353, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Harris, Christopher & Vickers, John, 1985. "Perfect Equilibrium in a Model of a Race," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 193-209, April.
- Vives, X., 1988.
"Nash Equilibrium With Strategic Complementarities,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
107-88, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Shaked, Avner & Sutton, John, 1982. "Relaxing Price Competition through Product Differentiation," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 3-13, January.
- Dirk Bergemann & Valimaki Juuso, 2001.
"Entry and Vertical Differentiation,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1302, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Richard J. Gilbert & Richard G. Harris, 1984.
"Competition with Lumpy Investment,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(2), pages 197-212, Summer.
- Baye, Michael R. & Hoppe, Heidrun C., 2003. "The strategic equivalence of rent-seeking, innovation, and patent-race games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 217-226, August.
- Reinganum, Jennifer F, 1985.
"Innovation and Industry Evolution,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 100(1), pages 81-99, February.
- Lee, Tom & Wilde, Louis L, 1980. "Market Structure and Innovation: A Reformulation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 94(2), pages 429-36, March.
- Heidrun C. Hoppe & Ulrich Lehmann-Grube, 2001. "Second-Mover Advantages in Dynamic Quality Competition," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(3), pages 419-433, 09.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Stiglitz, Joseph, 1980. "Industrial Structure and the Nature of Innovative Activity," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(358), pages 266-93, June.
- Femminis Gianluca & Martini Gianmaria, 2010.
"First-Mover Advantage in a Dynamic Duopoly with Spillover,"
The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-46, November.
- Gianluca Femminis & Gianmaria Martini, 2009. "First mover advantage in a dynamic duopoly with spillover," DISCE - Quaderni dell'Istituto di Teoria Economica e Metodi Quantitativi itemq0955, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Emmanuel Dechenaux & Brent Goldfarb & Scott Shane & Mari Thursby, 2006.
"Appropriability and Commercialization: Evidence from MIT Inventions,"
05-017, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Emmanuel Dechenaux & Brent Goldfarb & Scott Shane & Marie Thursby, 2008. "Appropriability and Commercialization: Evidence from MIT Inventions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(5), pages 893-906, May.
- Lukach, R. & Kort, P.M. & Plasmans, J.E.J., 2007.
"Strategic R&D with Knowledge Spillovers and Endogenous Time to Complete,"
2007-38, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Peter M. Kort & Ruslan Lukach & Joseph Plasmans, 2007. "Strategic R&D with Knowledge Spillovers and Endogenous Time to Complete," CESifo Working Paper Series 2027, CESifo Group Munich.
- Rossella Argenziano & Philipp Schmidt-Dengler, 2012. "Clustering in N-Player Preemption Games," Economics Discussion Papers 741, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Smirnov, Vladimir & Wait, Andrew, 2013. "Innovation in a generalized timing game," Working Papers 2013-16, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
- Kerstan, Sven & Kretschmer, Tobias & Muehlfeld, Katrin, 2012. "The dynamics of pre-market standardization," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 105-119.
- Bobtcheff, Catherine & Mariotti, Thomas, 2012. "Potential competition in preemption games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 53-66.
- João Vareda & Steffen Hoernig, 2007.
"The race for telecoms infrastructure investment with bypass: Can access regulation achieve the first best?,"
29, Portuguese Competition Authority.
- Bastos Vareda, João Miguel & Hoernig, Steffen, 2007. "The Race for Telecoms Infrastructure Investment with Bypass: Can Access Regulation Achieve the First-best?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6203, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Vareda, João & Hoernig, Steffen, 2007. "The race for telecoms infrastructure investment with bypass: Can access regulation achieve the first best?," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp524, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Dawid, Herbert & Kopel, Michael & Kort, Peter M., 2010. "Innovation threats and strategic responses in oligopoly markets," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 203-222, August.
- Francis Bloch & Simona Fabrizi & Steffen Lippert, 2011.
"Learning and Collusion in New Markets with Uncertain Entry Costs,"
1112, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2011.
- Francis Bloch & Simona Fabrizi & Steffen Lippert, 2011. "Learning and Collusion in New Markets with Uncertain Entry Costs," Working Papers hal-00639049, HAL.
- Mylovanov, Tymofiy, 2005. "First-mover disadvantage," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 127, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Gianluca Femminis & Gianmaria Martini, 2007.
"Spillovers, disclosure lags, and incentives to innovate. Do oligopolies over-invest in R&D?,"
DISCE - Quaderni dell'Istituto di Teoria Economica e Metodi Quantitativi
itemq0744, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Gianluca Femminis & Gianmaria Martini, 2010. "Spillovers, Disclosure Lags, and Incentives to Innovate: Do Oligopolies Over-Invest in R&D?," Rivista Internazionale di Scienze Sociali, Vita e Pensiero, Pubblicazioni dell'Universita' Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, vol. 118(1), pages 47-76.
- Gianluca Femminis & Gianmaria Martini, 2007. "Spillovers, disclosure lags, and incentives to innovate. Do oligopolies over-invest in R&D?," Working Papers 0706, Department of Economics and Technology Management, University of Bergamo.
- Fabian Herweg, 2007. "Can price discrimination lead to product differentiation? A vertical differentiation model," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse2_2007, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Tobias Kretschmer & Katrin Muehlfeld, 2006. "Co-Opetition and Prelaunch in Standard-Setting for Developing Technologies," CEP Discussion Papers dp0742, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Argenziano, Rossella & Schmidt-Dengler, Philipp, 2012. "Inefficient entry order in preemption games," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(6), pages 445-460.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.