Market responses to hurricanes
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Environmental Economics and Management.
Volume (Year): 50 (2005)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jill J. McCluskey & Gordon C. Rausser, 2003. "Stigmatized Asset Value: Is It Temporary or Long-Term?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, MIT Press, vol. 85(2), pages 276-285, May.
- Ivar Ekeland & James Heckman & Lars Nesheim, 2002.
"Identifying hedonic models,"
CeMMAP working papers, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies
CWP06/02, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Ivar Ekeland & James J. Heckman & Lars Nesheim, 2002. "Identifying Hedonic Models," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 304-309, May.
- James Chivers & Nicholas E. Flores, 2002. "Market Failure in Information: The National Flood Insurance Program," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(4), pages 515-521.
- Okmyung Biny & Stephen Polasky, 2004. "Effects of Flood Hazards on Property Values: Evidence Before and After Hurricane Floyd," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 80(4).
- Kurt J. Beron & James C. Murdoch & Mark A. Thayer & Wim P. M. Vijverberg, 1997. "An Analysis of the Housing Market before and after the 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 73(1), pages 101-113.
- James C. Murdoch & Harinder Singh & Mark Thayer, 1993. "The Impact of Natural Hazards on Housing Values: The Loma Prieta Earthquake," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 21(2), pages 167-184.
- Anthony Murphy & Eric Strobl, 2010.
"The impact of hurricanes on housing prices: evidence from U.S. coastal cities,"
Working Papers, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
1009, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Murphy, Anthony & Strobl, Eric, 2009. "The Impact of Hurricanes on Housing Prices: Evidence from US Coastal Cities," MPRA Paper 19353, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bin, Okmyung & Landry, Craig E., 2013. "Changes in implicit flood risk premiums: Empirical evidence from the housing market," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 361-376.
- Jared Carbone & Daniel Hallstrom & V. Smith, 2006. "Can Natural Experiments Measure Behavioral Responses to Environmental Risks?," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 33(3), pages 273-297, 03.
- Carolyn Kousky & Erzo Luttmer & Richard Zeckhauser, 2006.
"Private investment and government protection,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer,
Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 73-100, September.
- Carolyn Kousky & Erzo F.P. Luttmer & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 2006. "Private Investment and Government Protection," NBER Working Papers 12255, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kousky, Carolyn & Luttmer, Erzo F. P. & Zeckhauser, Richard, 2006. "Private Investment and Government Protection," Working Paper Series, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government rwp06-017, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Hallegatte, Stephane & Przyluski, Valentin, 2010. "The economics of natural disasters : concepts and methods," Policy Research Working Paper Series, The World Bank 5507, The World Bank.
- Vanessa E. Daniel & Raymond J.G.M. Florax & Piet Rietveld, 2007.
"Flooding Risk And Housing Values: An Economic Assessment Of Environmental Hazard,"
Working Papers, Purdue University, College of Agriculture, Department of Agricultural Economics
07-02, Purdue University, College of Agriculture, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Daniel, Vanessa E. & Florax, Raymond J.G.M. & Rietveld, Piet, 2009. "Flooding risk and housing values: An economic assessment of environmental hazard," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 355-365, December.
- Kevin Simmons & Daniel Sutter, 2007. "Tornado shelters and the manufactured home parks market," Natural Hazards, International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 43(3), pages 365-378, December.
- Pesko, Michael, 2014. "Hurricane Katrina: Behavioral Health and Health Insurance in Non-Impacted Vulnerable Counties," MPRA Paper 56205, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christopher F. Parmeter & Jaren C. Pope, 2012. "Quasi-Experiments and Hedonic Property Value Methods," Working Papers, University of Miami, Department of Economics 2012-7, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- Naoi, Michio & Seko, Miki & Sumita, Kazuto, 2009. "Earthquake risk and housing prices in Japan: Evidence before and after massive earthquakes," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 658-669, November.
- Van Butsic & Ellen Hanak & Robert G. Valletta, 2008. "Climate change and asset prices: hedonic estimates for North American ski resorts," Working Paper Series, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco 2008-12, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Yamori, Nobuyoshi & Okada, Taishi & Kobayashi, Takeshi, 2009. "Preparing for Large Natural Catastrophes: The current state and challenges of earthquake insurance in Japan," MPRA Paper 8851, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dennis Guignet & Anna Alberini, 2013. "Can Property Values Capture Changes in Environmental Health Risks? Evidence from a Stated Preference Study in Italy and the UK," Working Papers, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei 2013.67, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Smith, Martin D. & Slott, Jordan M. & McNamara, Dylan & Brad Murray, A., 2009. "Beach nourishment as a dynamic capital accumulation problem," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 58-71, July.
- Daniel Sutter & Marc Poitras, 2010. "Do people respond to low probability risks? Evidence from tornado risk and manufactured homes," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 181-196, April.
- David Kelly & David Letson & Forest Nelson & David S. Nolan & Daniel Solis, 2009.
"Evolution of Subjective Hurricane Risk Perceptions: A Bayesian Approach,"
Working Papers, University of Miami, Department of Economics
0905, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- Kelly, David L. & Letson, David & Nelson, Forrest & Nolan, David S. & Solís, Daniel, 2012. "Evolution of subjective hurricane risk perceptions: A Bayesian approach," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 644-663.
- Kellenberg, Derek K. & Mobarak, Ahmed Mushfiq, 2008. "Does rising income increase or decrease damage risk from natural disasters?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 788-802, May.
- Horsch, Eric J. & Lewis, David J., 2008. "The Effects of Aquatic Invasive Species on Property Values: Evidence from a Quasi-Random Experiment," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association) 6199, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- W. Viscusi, 2009. "Valuing risks of death from terrorism and natural disasters," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 191-213, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.