Somalia after state collapse: Chaos or improvement?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization.
Volume (Year): 67 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3-4 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Powell, Benjamin & Wilson, Bart J., 2008. "An experimental investigation of Hobbesian jungles," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 66(3-4), pages 669-686, June.
- Leeson, Peter T., 2007. "Better off stateless: Somalia before and after government collapse," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 689-710, December.
- Ken Menkhaus, 2003. "State collapse in Somalia: second thoughts," Review of African Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(97), pages 405-422, September.
- Maystadt, Jean-Francois & Ecker, Olivier & Mabiso, Athur, 2013.
"Extreme weather and civil war in Somalia: Does drought fuel conflict through livestock price shocks?,"
IFPRI discussion papers
1243, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jean-Francois Maystadt & Olivier Ecker & Athur Mabiso, 2013. "Extreme Weather and Civil War in Somalia: Does Drought Fuel Conflict through Livestock Price Shocks?," LICOS Discussion Papers 32613, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Benjamin Powell & Malavika Nair, 2012. "On the governance of “not being governed”," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 9-16, March.
- Stephan Haggard & Marcus Noland, 2009.
"Reform from Below: Behavioral and Institutional Change in North Korea,"
Working Paper Series
WP09-8, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Haggard, Stephan & Noland, Marcus, 2010. "Reform from below: Behavioral and institutional change in North Korea," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 133-152, February.
- Powell, Benjamin & Stringham, Edward, 2009.
"Public choice and the economic analysis of anarchy: a survey,"
26097, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Benjamin Powell & Edward Stringham, 2009. "Public choice and the economic analysis of anarchy: a survey," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 140(3), pages 503-538, September.
- Powell, Benjamin & Stringham, Edward P., 2008. "Public Choice and the Economic Analysis of Anarchy: A Survey," Working Papers 2008-7, Suffolk University, Department of Economics.
- Joshua C. Hall & Russell S. Sobel & George R. Crowley, 2010.
"Institutions, Capital, and Growth,"
10-15, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Edward Stringham & Caleb Miles, 2012. "Repelling states: Evidence from upland Southeast Asia," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 17-33, March.
- Edward Stringham, 2014. "Extending the Analysis of Spontaneous Market Order to Governance," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 42(2), pages 171-180, June.
- Christian Schubert & Leonhard K. Lades, 2012. "Fighting Maritime Piracy: Three Lessons from Pompeius Magnus," Jena Economic Research Papers 2012-017, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Peter Leeson, 2014. "Pirates, prisoners, and preliterates: anarchic context and the private enforcement of law," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 365-379, June.
- Stringham, Edward Peter & Zywicki, Todd J., 2011. "Hayekian anarchism," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 78(3), pages 290-301, May.
- Leeson, Peter T. & Boettke, Peter J., 2009. "Two-tiered entrepreneurship and economic development," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 252-259, September.
- Benjamin Powell & Edward Stringham, 2012. "Radical scholarship taking on the mainstream: Murray Rothbard’s contribution," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 315-327, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.