An examination of the influence of industry structure on eight alternative measures of new venture performance for high potential independent new ventures
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Venturing.
Volume (Year): 14 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. M. Spence, 1981. "The Learning Curve and Competition," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(1), pages 49-70, Spring.
- Ravenscraft, David J, 1983. "Structure-Profit Relationships at the Line of Business and Industry Level," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(1), pages 22-31, February.
- Tsai, William Ming-Hone & MacMillan, Ian C. & Low, Murray B., 1991. "Effects of strategy and environment on corporate venture success in industrial markets," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 9-28, January.
- Stuart, Robert W. & Abetti, Pier A., 1990. "Impact of entrepreneurial and management experience on early performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 151-162, May.
- Chandler, Gaylen N. & Hanks, Steven H., 1993. "Measuring the performance of emerging businesses: A validation study," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(5), pages 391-408, September.
- Siegel, Robin & Siegel, Eric & Macmillan, Ian C., 1993. "Characteristics distinguishing high-growth ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 169-180, March.
- Cooper, Arnold C., 1993. "Challenges in predicting new firm performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 241-253, May.
- Miller, Alex & Camp, Bill, 1985. "Exploring determinants of success in corporate ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 87-105.
- Brush, Candida G. & Vanderwerf, Pieter A., 1992. "A comparison of methods and sources for obtaining estimates of new venture performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 157-170, March.
- McCann, Joseph E., 1991. "Patterns of growth, competitive technology, and financial strategies in young ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 189-208, May.
- Lin, Shu-Jou & Lee, Ji-Ren, 2011. "Configuring a corporate venturing portfolio to create growth value: Within-portfolio diversity and strategic linkage," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 489-503, July.
- Fernhaber, Stephanie A. & Li, Dan, 2013. "International exposure through network relationships: Implications for new venture internationalization," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 316-334.
- Joshua Drucker, 2009. "Trends in Regional Industrial Concentration in the United States," Working Papers 09-06, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Lechner, Christian & Dowling, Michael & Welpe, Isabell, 2006. "Firm networks and firm development: The role of the relational mix," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 514-540, July.
- Park, Sangmoon & Bae, Zong-Tae, 2004. "New venture strategies in a developing country: Identifying a typology and examining growth patterns through case studies," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 81-105, January.
- Li, Dan, 2013. "Multilateral R&D alliances by new ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 241-260.
- Watson, Warren & Stewart, Wayne Jr. & BarNir, Anat, 2003. "The effects of human capital, organizational demography, and interpersonal processes on venture partner perceptions of firm profit and growth," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 145-164, March.
- Huan Zou & Xiaoyun Chen & Pervez Ghauri, 2010. "Antecedents and consequences of new venture growth strategy: An empirical study in China," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 393-421, September.
- Dick Johannes & Hussinger Katrin & Blumberg Boris & Hagedoorn John, 2011.
"Is Success Hereditary? Evidence on the Performance of Spawned Ventures,"
034, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- Johannes Dick & Katrin Hussinger & Boris Blumberg & John Hagedoorn, 2013. "Is success hereditary? Evidence on the performance of spawned ventures," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 40(4), pages 911-931, May.
- Huan Zou & Xiaohui Liu & Pervez Ghauri, 2010. "Technology Capability And The Internationalization Strategies Of New Ventures," Organizations and Markets in Emerging Economies, Faculty of Economics, Vilnius University, vol. 1(1).
- Chowdhury, Sanjib, 2011. "The moderating effects of customer driven complexity on the structure and growth relationship in young firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 306-320, May.
- Florin, Juan, 2005. "Is venture capital worth it? Effects on firm performance and founder returns," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 113-135, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.