Industry environments and new venture formations in U.S. manufacturing: A conceptual and empirical analysis of demand determinants
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Venturing.
Volume (Year): 11 (1996)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Evans, David S & Leighton, Linda S, 1989. "Some Empirical Aspects of Entrepreneurship," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 519-35, June.
- Cohen, Wesley M. & Levin, Richard C., 1989. "Empirical studies of innovation and market structure," Handbook of Industrial Organization, in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 18, pages 1059-1107 Elsevier.
- Richard B. Freeman & James L. Medoff, 1979. "New estimates of private sector unionism in the United States," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 32(2), pages 143-174, January.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1988. "Industrial Economics: An Overview," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(392), pages 643-81, September.
- Machin, Stephen J & Wadhwani, Sushil, 1991. "The Effects of Unions on Organisational Change and Employment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(407), pages 835-54, July.
- Elaine Romanelli & Michael L. Tushman, 1986. "Inertia, Environments, and Strategic Choice: A Quasi-Experimental Design for Comparative-Longitudinal Research," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(5), pages 608-621, May.
- Evans, David S & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1989. "An Estimated Model of Entrepreneurial Choice under Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 808-27, August.
- Cooper, Arnold C., 1985. "The role of incubator organizations in the founding of growth-oriented firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 75-86.
- Acs, Zoltan J & Audretsch, David B, 1989. "Small-Firm Entry in U.S. Manufacturing," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 56(222), pages 255-65, May.
- Florida, Richard & Kenney, Martin, 1988. "Venture capital and high technology entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 301-319.
- Highfield, Richard & Smiley, Robert, 1987. "New business starts and economic activity : An empirical investigation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 51-66, March.
- Richard B. Freeman & James L. Medoff, 1979. "The Two Faces of Unionism," NBER Working Papers 0364, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gilbert, Richard J., 1989.
"Mobility barriers and the value of incumbency,"
Handbook of Industrial Organization,
in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 475-535
- Gilbert, Richard, 1988. "Mobility Barriers and the Value of Incumbency," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt52q9j63w, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Richard J. Gilbert., 1988. "Mobility Barriers and the Value of Incumbency," Economics Working Papers 8895, University of California at Berkeley.
- A. Michael Spence, 1977. "Entry, Capacity, Investment and Oligopolistic Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 8(2), pages 534-544, Autumn.
- Baumol, William J., 1993. "Formal entrepreneurship theory in economics: Existence and bounds," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 197-210, May.
- Timmons, Jeffry A. & Bygrave, William D., 1986. "Venture capital's role in financing innovation for economic growth," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 161-176.
- Baldwin, John R. & Gorecki, Paul K., 1987. "Plant creation versus plant acquisition : The entry process in canadian manufacturing," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 27-41, March.
- Gilad, Benjamin, 1982. "On encouraging entrepreneurship an interdisciplinary analysis," Journal of Behavioral Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 132-163.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1982. "Recent Developments in Oligopoly Theory," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(2), pages 12-17, May.
- Van De Ven, H., 1993. "The development of an infrastructure for entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 211-230, May.
- Baumol, William J., 1986. "Entrepreneurship and a century of growth," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 141-145.
- Pacheco, Desirée F. & Dean, Thomas J. & Payne, David S., 2010. "Escaping the green prison: Entrepreneurship and the creation of opportunities for sustainable development," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 464-480, September.
- Bamford, CE & Dean, TJ & McDougall, PP, 2008. "Reconsidering the Niche Prescription for New Ventures: A Study of Initial Strategy and Growth," Discussion Paper Series 2008-04, McColl School of Business, Queens University of Charlotte.
- Sarason, Yolanda & Dean, Tom & Dillard, Jesse F., 2006. "Entrepreneurship as the nexus of individual and opportunity: A structuration view," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 286-305, May.
- Marie-Estelle Binet & François Facchini, 2013. "Determinants of Entrepreneurship in French Regions: The Role of Spatial Heterogeneity," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201312, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Backman, Mikaela & Karlsson, Charlie, 2013. "Who says life is over after 55? Entrepreneurship and an aging population," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 325, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.