A model of adolescents' online consumer self-efficacy (OCSE)
AbstractThis paper investigates adolescent online shopping and self-efficacy development in the virtual setting. The authors present and test a model of antecedents and mediators to two dimensions of online consumer self-efficacy. Additionally, a discriminant analysis finds that more involved adolescent online shoppers can be differentiated from less involved online shoppers on key variables of interest-shopping motivations, self-efficacies, shopping behaviors, and relative influence in household decision-making.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Research.
Volume (Year): 64 (2011)
Issue (Month): 10 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres
Adolescents Online consumer self-efficacy Consumer socialization Online shopping motivations Online shopping;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Davis, Harry L, 1976. " Decision Making within the Household," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(4), pages 241-60, March.
- Beatty, Sharon E & Talpade, Salil, 1994. " Adolescent Influence in Family Decision Making: A Replication with Extension," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(2), pages 332-41, September.
- Belch, Michael A. & Krentler, Kathleen A. & Willis-Flurry, Laura A., 2005. "Teen internet mavens: influence in family decision making," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(5), pages 569-575, May.
- Karp, Larry & Lee, In Ho, 2001.
"Learning-by-Doing and the Choice of Technology: The Role of Patience,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 73-92, September.
- Karp, L. & Lee, I.H., 1998. "Learning-by-doing and the choice of technology: the role of patience," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9810, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Karp, Larry & Lee, In Ho, 2000. "Learning-by-Doing and the Choice of Technology: the Role of Patience," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt4vh9x271, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- John, Deborah Roedder, 1999. " Consumer Socialization of Children: A Retrospective Look at Twenty-Five Years of Research," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(3), pages 183-213, December.
- Bosnjak, Michael & Galesic, Mirta & Tuten, Tracy, 2007. "Personality determinants of online shopping: Explaining online purchase intentions using a hierarchical approach," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(6), pages 597-605, June.
- Bridges, Eileen & Florsheim, Renée, 2008. "Hedonic and utilitarian shopping goals: The online experience," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 309-314, April.
- Parente Stephen L., 1994. "Technology Adoption, Learning-by-Doing, and Economic Growth," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 346-369, August.
- Babin, Barry J & Darden, William R & Griffin, Mitch, 1994. " Work and/or Fun: Measuring Hedonic and Utilitarian Shopping Value," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(4), pages 644-56, March.
- Mick, David Glen & Fournier, Susan, 1998. " Paradoxes of Technology: Consumer Cognizance, Emotions, and Coping Strategies," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25(2), pages 123-43, September.
- Brucks, Merrie, 1985. " The Effects of Product Class Knowledge on Information Search Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(1), pages 1-16, June.
- Beatty, Sharon E & Smith, Scott M, 1987. " External Search Effort: An Investigation across Several Product Categories," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(1), pages 83-95, June.
- Hernández, Blanca & Jiménez, Julio & Martín, M. José, 2010. "Customer behavior in electronic commerce: The moderating effect of e-purchasing experience," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(9-10), pages 964-971, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.