International banks as leaders or followers of international business : An historical perspective
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 7 (1983)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Engwall, Lars & Marquardt, Rolf & Pedersen, Torben & Tschoegl, Adrian E., 1999.
"Foreign bank penetration of newly opened markets in the Nordic Countries,"
2-1999, Copenhagen Business School, Department of International Economics and Management.
- Engwall, Lars & Marquardt, Rolf & Pedersen, Torben & Tschoegl, Adrian E., 2001. "Foreign bank penetration of newly opened markets in the Nordic countries," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 53-63, March.
- Hellman, Pasi, 1996. "The internationalization of Finnish financial service companies," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 191-208, April.
- Liang, Hsin-Yu & Ching, Yann Peng & Chan, Kam C., 2013. "Enhancing bank performance through branches or representative offices? Evidence from European banks," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 495-508.
- Esperanca, Jose Paulo & Gulamhussen, Mohamed Azzim, 2001. "(Re)Testing the 'follow the customer' hypothesis in multinational bank expansion," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 281-293, July.
- Williams, Barry, 1998. "A pooled study of the profits and size of foreign banks in Australia," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(2-3), pages 211-231, September.
- Hans Degryse & Steven Ongena, 2002.
"Bank-Firm Relationships and International Banking Markets,"
International Journal of the Economics of Business,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 401-417.
- Degryse, H.A. & Ongena, S., 2002. "Bank-firm relationships and international banking markets," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-92220, Tilburg University.
- Giannetti, Mariassunta & Ongena, Steven, 2012.
"“Lending by example”: Direct and indirect effects of foreign banks in emerging markets,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 167-180.
- Giannetti, Mariassunta & Ongena, Steven, 2008. ""Lending by Example": Direct and Indirect Effects of Foreign Banks in Emerging Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 6958, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yamori, Nobuyoshi, 1997. "Do Japanese banks lead or follow international business? An empirical investigation," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 369-382, December.
- Berg, Nathan, 2008. "Imitation in location choice," MPRA Paper 26592, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- M. Boldt-Christmas & S. F. Jacobsen & A. Tschoegl, 2001.
"The International Expansion of the Norwegian Banks,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(3), pages 79-104.
- Siv Fagerland Jacobsen & Adrian E. Tschoegl, 1997. "The International Expansion of the Norwegian Banks," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-38, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Clarke, George R. G. & Cull, Robert & D'Amato, Laura & Molinari, Andrea, 1999. "The effect of foreign entry on Argentina's domestic banking sector," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2158, The World Bank.
- Gino Cattani & Adrian E. Tschoegl, 2002. "An Evolutionary View of Internationalization: Chase Manhattan Bank, 1917 to 1996," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-37, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.