Hedge fund portfolio construction: A comparison of static and dynamic approaches
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 31 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pelletier, Denis, 2006.
"Regime switching for dynamic correlations,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 131(1-2), pages 445-473.
- Denis Pelletier, 2004. "Regime Switching for Dynamic Correlations," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 230, Econometric Society.
- Rockafellar, R. Tyrrell & Uryasev, Stan & Zabarankin, Michael, 2006. "Master funds in portfolio analysis with general deviation measures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 743-778, February.
- Robert G. Chambers & John Quiggin, 2004.
"Linear-Risk-Tolerant, Invariant Risk Preferences,"
Risk & Uncertainty Working Papers
WPR04_3, Risk and Sustainable Management Group, University of Queensland.
- Chambers, Robert G & Quiggin, John, 2004. "Linear-Risk-Tolerant, Invariant Risk Preferences," Risk and Sustainable Management Group Working Papers 151162, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Olivier Ledoit & Michael Wolf, 2001.
"Improved estimation of the covariance matrix of stock returns with an application to portofolio selection,"
Economics Working Papers
586, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Ledoit, Olivier & Wolf, Michael, 2003. "Improved estimation of the covariance matrix of stock returns with an application to portfolio selection," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 603-621, December.
- Morton, David P. & Popova, Elmira & Popova, Ivilina, 2006. "Efficient fund of hedge funds construction under downside risk measures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 503-518, February.
- Louis K.C. Chan & Jason Karceski & Josef Lakonishok, 1999. "On Portfolio Optimization: Forecasting Covariances and Choosing the Risk Model," NBER Working Papers 7039, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicholas Chan & Mila Getmansky & Shane M. Haas & Andrew W. Lo, 2007.
"Systemic Risk and Hedge Funds,"
in: The Risks of Financial Institutions, pages 235-338
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fung, William & Hsieh, David A, 1997. "Empirical Characteristics of Dynamic Trading Strategies: The Case of Hedge Funds," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(2), pages 275-302.
- Getmansky, Mila & Lo, Andrew & Makarov, Igor, 2003.
"An Econometric Model of Serial Correlation and Illiquidity In Hedge Fund Returns,"
4288-03, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Getmansky, Mila & Lo, Andrew W. & Makarov, Igor, 2004. "An econometric model of serial correlation and illiquidity in hedge fund returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 529-609, December.
- Mila Getmansky & Andrew W. Lo & Igor Makarov, 2003. "An Econometric Model of Serial Correlation and Illiquidity in Hedge Fund Returns," NBER Working Papers 9571, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vikas Agarwal, 2004. "Risks and Portfolio Decisions Involving Hedge Funds," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 17(1), pages 63-98.
- Carl Ackermann & Richard McEnally & David Ravenscraft, 1999. "The Performance of Hedge Funds: Risk, Return, and Incentives," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(3), pages 833-874, 06.
- Rockafellar, R. Tyrrell & Uryasev, Stanislav, 2002. "Conditional value-at-risk for general loss distributions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1443-1471, July.
- Greyserman, Alex & Jones, Douglas H. & Strawderman, William E., 2006. "Portfolio selection using hierarchical Bayesian analysis and MCMC methods," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 669-678, February.
- J. Cvitanic & A. Lazrak & L. Martellini & F. Zapatero, 2003. "Optimal allocation to hedge funds: an empirical analysis," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 28-39.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, 03.
- Carol Alexander & Anca Dimitriu, 2004. "The Art of Investing in Hedge Funds: Fund Selection and Optimal Allocations," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2004-01, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Chan, Louis K C & Karceski, Jason & Lakonishok, Josef, 1999. "On Portfolio Optimization: Forecasting Covariances and Choosing the Risk Model," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(5), pages 937-74.
- Haas, Markus, 2010. "Covariance forecasts and long-run correlations in a Markov-switching model for dynamic correlations," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 86-97, June.
- Kritski, Oleg & Ulyanova, Marina, 2007. "Assessment of Multivariate Financial Risks of a Stock Share Portfolio," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 8(4), pages 3-17.
- Audrone Virbickaite & M. Concepci\'on Aus\'in & Pedro Galeano, 2013.
"A Bayesian Non-Parametric Approach to Asymmetric Dynamic Conditional Correlation Model With Application to Portfolio Selection,"
1301.5129, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2014.
- Audrone Virbickaite & Concepción Ausín & Pedro Galeano, 2013. "A Bayesian non-parametric approach to asymmetric dynamic conditional correlation model with application to portfolio selection," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws131009, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- Meligkotsidou, Loukia & Vrontos, Ioannis D., 2008. "Detecting structural breaks and identifying risk factors in hedge fund returns: A Bayesian approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 2471-2481, November.
- Syriopoulos, Theodore & Roumpis, Efthimios, 2009. "Dynamic correlations and volatility effects in the Balkan equity markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 565-587, October.
- Wegener, Christian & von Nitzsch, Rüdiger & Cengiz, Cetin, 2010. "An advanced perspective on the predictability in hedge fund returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2694-2708, November.
- Harris, Richard D.F. & Mazibas, Murat, 2010. "Dynamic hedge fund portfolio construction," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 351-357, December.
- Vrontos, Spyridon D. & Vrontos, Ioannis D. & Giamouridis, Daniel, 2008. "Hedge fund pricing and model uncertainty," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 741-753, May.
- Harris, Richard D.F. & Mazibas, Murat, 2013. "Dynamic hedge fund portfolio construction: A semi-parametric approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 139-149.
- Dudek, Jérémy, 2013. "Illiquidité, contagion et risque systémique," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/13236 edited by Le Fol, Gaëlle, September.
- Adam, Alexandre & Houkari, Mohamed & Laurent, Jean-Paul, 2008. "Spectral risk measures and portfolio selection," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1870-1882, September.
- Ding, Bill & Shawky, Hany A. & Tian, Jianbo, 2009. "Liquidity shocks, size and the relative performance of hedge fund strategies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 883-891, May.
- Meligkotsidou, Loukia & Vrontos, Ioannis D. & Vrontos, Spyridon D., 2009. "Quantile regression analysis of hedge fund strategies," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 264-279, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.