Bank capital regulation as an incentive mechanism: Implications for portfolio choice
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 26 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giammarino, Ronald M & Lewis, Tracy R & Sappington, David E M, 1993.
" An Incentive Approach to Banking Regulation,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1523-42, September.
- Kenneth A. Froot & Jeremy C. Stein, 1998. "A New Approach To Capital Budgeting For Financial Institutions," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 11(2), pages 59-69.
- Calomiris, Charles W., 1999. "Building an incentive-compatible safety net," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(10), pages 1499-1519, October.
- Alistair Milne & A Elizabeth Whalley, 1999. "Bank capital and risk taking," Bank of England working papers 90, Bank of England.
- Koehn, Michael & Santomero, Anthony M, 1980. " Regulation of Bank Capital and Portfolio Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 35(5), pages 1235-44, December.
- Paul H. Kupiec & James M. O'Brien, 1997. "The pre-commitment approach: using incentives to set market risk capital requirements," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-14, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Larsson, Bo & Wijkander, Hans, 2012. "Banking on Regulations?," Research Papers in Economics 2012:3, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Rasyad A. Parinduri & Yohanes E. Riyanto, 2007.
"Do Banks Respond to Capital Requirement? Evidence from Indonesia,"
Finance Working Papers
21932, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Rasyad Parinduri & Yohanes Riyanto, 2011. "Do banks respond to capital requirements? Evidence from Indonesia," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(9), pages 651-663.
- Rasyad A Parinduri & Yohanes E. Riyanto, 2007. "Do Banks Respond to Capital Requirement? Evidence from Indonesia," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0712, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- Jia, Chunxin, 2009. "The effect of ownership on the prudential behavior of banks - The case of China," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 77-87, January.
- Phong T. H. Ngo, 2006. "A Theory of Precautionary Regulatory Capital in Banking," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2006-465, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Patricia Jackson & William Perraudin & Victoria Saporta, 2002.
"Regulatory and 'economic' solvency standards for internationally active banks,"
Bank of England working papers
161, Bank of England.
- Jackson, Patricia & Perraudin, William & Saporta, Victoria, 2002. "Regulatory and "economic" solvency standards for internationally active banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 953-976, May.
- Fegatelli, Paolo, 2010. "The misconception of the option value of deposit insurance and the efficacy of non-risk-based capital requirements in the literature on bank capital regulation," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 79-84, June.
- Delis, Manthos D & Staikouras, Panagiotis & Tsoumas, Chris, 2013. "Enforcement actions and bank behavior," MPRA Paper 43557, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lóránth, Gyöngyi & Morrison, Alan, 2003. "Multinational Bank Regulation with Deposit Insurance and Diversification Effects," CEPR Discussion Papers 4148, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Keppo, Jussi & Kofman, Leonard & Meng, Xu, 2010. "Unintended consequences of the market risk requirement in banking regulation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 2192-2214, October.
- Kilponen , Juha & Milne, Alistair, 2007. "The lending channel under optimal choice of monetary policy," Research Discussion Papers 33/2007, Bank of Finland.
- Paolo Fegatelli, 2010. "The misconception of the option value of deposit insurance and the efficacy of non-risk-based capital requirements in the literature on bank capital regulation," BCL working papers 46, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- Tian, Suhua & Yang, Yunhong & Zhang, Gaiyan, 2013. "Bank capital, interbank contagion, and bailout policy," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 2765-2778.
- VanHoose, David, 2007. "Theories of bank behavior under capital regulation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 3680-3697, December.
- Iwatsubo, Kentaro, 2007.
"Bank capital shocks and portfolio risk: Evidence from Japan,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 166-186, March.
- Iwatsubo, Kentaro, 2005. "Bank Capital Shocks and Portfolio Risk: Evidence from Japan," CEI Working Paper Series 2004-24, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Jaromir Benes & Michael Kumhof, 2011. "Risky Bank Lending and Optimal Capital Adequacy Regulation," IMF Working Papers 11/130, International Monetary Fund.
- Jaromir Benes & Michael Kumhof & Douglas Laxton & Dirk Muir & Susanna Mursula, 2013. "The Benefits of International Policy Coordination Revisited," IMF Working Papers 13/262, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.