Did amakudari undermine the effectiveness of regulator monitoring in Japan?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 25 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Levine, Ross, 2004. "The Corporate Governance of Banks - a concise discussion of concepts and evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3404, The World Bank.
- Laurence Loulmet, 2004. "Le discrédit des banques et l’impact des réformes au Japon," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 75(2), pages 263-290.
- Suzuki, Kenji, 2004. "The Changing Pattern of Amakudari Appointments - The Case of Regional Banks 1991-2000," EIJS Working Paper Series 187, The European Institute of Japanese Studies.
- Michael J. Skully & Rubi Ahmad & M. Ariff, 2009.
"The Determinants of Bank Capital Ratios in a Developing Economy,"
CARF-F-147, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Rubi Ahmad & M. Ariff & Michael Skully, 2008. "The Determinants of Bank Capital Ratios in a Developing Economy," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 255-272, December.
- Nikolai Naidenov, 2004. "The Main Bank System in Japan and the Crisis of the 1990s," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 5, pages 72-90.
- Wang, Qiang & Chen, Xi, 2012. "Regulatory failures for nuclear safety – the bad example of Japan – implication for the rest of world," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 2610-2617.
- Suzuki, Kenji, 2004. "Is Amakudari Changing? The Case of Regional Banks," EIJS Working Paper Series 198, The European Institute of Japanese Studies.
- Konishi, Masaru & Yasuda, Yukihiro, 2004. "Factors affecting bank risk taking: Evidence from Japan," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 215-232, January.
- Tetsuro Mizoguchi & Nguyen Van Quyen, 2009. "Amakudari: The Post-Retirement Employment of Elite Bureaucrats in Japan," Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Discussion Paper Series 2009-011, Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Program.
- Katsutoshi Shimizu, 2009. "The Behavior of Japanese banks in the 1990s and Government Intervention for the Financial crisis," Public Policy Review, Policy Research Institute, Ministry of Finance Japan, vol. 5(2), pages 229-254, November.
- Selim Mankaï & Aymen Belgacem, 2013. "Interactions Between Risk-Taking, Capital, and Reinsurance for Property-Liability Insurance Firms," EconomiX Working Papers 2013-23, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Uchida, Hirofumi & Satake, Mitsuhiko, 2009. "Market discipline and bank efficiency," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 792-802, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.