Did amakudari undermine the effectiveness of regulator monitoring in Japan?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 25 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Masaharu Hanazaki & Akiyoshi Horiuchi, 2001. "Can the Financial Restraint Hypothesis Explain Japan's Postwar Experience?," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-130, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Michael J. Skully & Rubi Ahmad & M. Ariff, 2009.
"The Determinants of Bank Capital Ratios in a Developing Economy,"
CARF-F-147, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Rubi Ahmad & M. Ariff & Michael Skully, 2008. "The Determinants of Bank Capital Ratios in a Developing Economy," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 255-272, December.
- Marianne Rubinstein, 2009. "Quels enseignements tirer de la crise financière japonaise pour la crise actuelle ?," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 94(1), pages 251-271.
- Uchida, Hirofumi & Satake, Mitsuhiko, 2009. "Market discipline and bank efficiency," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 792-802, December.
- Suzuki, Kenji, 2004. "Is Amakudari Changing? The Case of Regional Banks," EIJS Working Paper Series 198, The European Institute of Japanese Studies.
- Selim Mankaï & Aymen Belgacem, 2014.
"Interactions Between Risk-Taking, Capital, and Reinsurance for Property- Liability Insurance Firms,"
2014-154, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Selim Mankaï & Aymen Belgacem, 2013. "Interactions Between Risk-Taking, Capital, and Reinsurance for Property-Liability Insurance Firms," EconomiX Working Papers 2013-23, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Jiatao Li & Carmen Ng, 2013. "The Normalization of Deviant Organizational Practices: The Non-performing Loans Problem in China," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 114(4), pages 643-653, June.
- Konishi, Masaru & Yasuda, Yukihiro, 2004. "Factors affecting bank risk taking: Evidence from Japan," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 215-232, January.
- Nikolai Naidenov, 2004. "The Main Bank System in Japan and the Crisis of the 1990s," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 5, pages 72-90.
- Wang, Qiang & Chen, Xi, 2012. "Regulatory failures for nuclear safety – the bad example of Japan – implication for the rest of world," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 2610-2617.
- Tetsuro Mizoguchi & Nguyen Van Quyen, 2009. "Amakudari: The Post-Retirement Employment of Elite Bureaucrats in Japan," Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Discussion Paper Series 2009-011, Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Program.
- Levine, Ross, 2004. "The Corporate Governance of Banks - a concise discussion of concepts and evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3404, The World Bank.
- Katsutoshi Shimizu, 2009. "The Behavior of Japanese banks in the 1990s and Government Intervention for the Financial crisis," Public Policy Review, Policy Research Institute, Ministry of Finance Japan, vol. 5(2), pages 229-254, November.
- Suzuki, Kenji, 2004. "The Changing Pattern of Amakudari Appointments - The Case of Regional Banks 1991-2000," EIJS Working Paper Series 187, The European Institute of Japanese Studies.
- Laurence Loulmet, 2004. "Le discrédit des banques et l’impact des réformes au Japon," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 75(2), pages 263-290.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.