Market response to banks granting lines of credit
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 23 (1999)
Issue (Month): 11 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lummer, Scott L. & McConnell, John J., 1989. "Further evidence on the bank lending process and the capital-market response to bank loan agreements," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 99-122, November.
- Kormendi, Roger & Lipe, Robert, 1987. "Earnings Innovations, Earnings Persistence, and Stock Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(3), pages 323-45, July.
- Jong, F.C.J.M. de & Kemna, A. & Kloek, T., 1992.
"A contribution to event study methodology with an application to the dutch stock market,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-384516, Tilburg University.
- de Jong, Frank & Kemna, Angelien & Kloek, Teun, 1992. "A contribution to event study methodology with an application to the Dutch stock market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 11-36, February.
- Chemmanur, Thomas J & Fulghieri, Paolo, 1994.
"Reputation, Renegotiation, and the Choice between Bank Loans and Publicly Traded Debt,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(3), pages 475-506.
- Chemmanur, T.J. & Fulghieri, P., 1992. "Reputation, Renegotiation, and the Choice Between Bank Loans and Publicity Traded Debt," Papers 92-24, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Slovin, Myron B & Sushka, Marie E & Polonchek, John A, 1993. " The Value of Bank Durability: Borrowers as Bank Stakeholders," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(1), pages 247-66, March.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1983.
"Non-Monetary Effects of the Financial Crisis in the Propagation of the Great Depression,"
NBER Working Papers
1054, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernanke, Ben S, 1983. "Nonmonetary Effects of the Financial Crisis in Propagation of the Great Depression," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(3), pages 257-76, June.
- Robert M. Hull & Richard Moellenberndt, 1994. "Bank Debt Reduction Announcements and Negative Signaling," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 23(2), Summer.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1985. "What's different about banks?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 29-39, January.
- James, Christopher, 1987. "Some evidence on the uniqueness of bank loans," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 217-235, December.
- Flannery, Mark J & James, Christopher M, 1984. " The Effect of Interest Rate Changes on the Common Stock Returns of Financial Institutions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1141-53, September.
- Malatesta, Paul H., 1986. "Measuring Abnormal Performance: The Event Parameter Approach Using Joint Generalized Least Squares," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(01), pages 27-38, March.
- Megginson, William L & Poulsen, Annette B & Sinkey, Joseph F, Jr, 1995. "Syndicated Loan Announcements and the Market Value of the Banking Firm," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(2), pages 457-75, May.
- Blacconiere, Walter G., 1991. "Market reactions to accounting regulations in the savings and loan industry," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 91-113, March.
- Thompson, Rex, 1985. "Conditioning the Return-Generating Process on Firm-Specific Events: A Discussion of Event Study Methods," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(02), pages 151-168, June.
- Karafiath, Imre, 1988. "Using Dummy Variables in the Event Methodology," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 23(3), pages 351-57, August.
- Carter, Richard B & Manaster, Steven, 1990. " Initial Public Offerings and Underwriter Reputation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1045-67, September.
- Connolly, Robert A., 1989. "An Examination of the Robustness of the Weekend Effect," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(02), pages 133-169, June.
- Diamond, Douglas W, 1991. "Monitoring and Reputation: The Choice between Bank Loans and Directly Placed Debt," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(4), pages 689-721, August.
- Liu, Yong-Chin & Chen, Hsiang-Ju, 2012. "Economic conditions, lending competition, and evaluation effect of credit line announcements on borrowers," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 438-458.
- Deep, Akash & Schaefer, Guido, 2004. "Are Banks Liquidity Transformers?," Working Paper Series rwp04-022, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Aivazian, Varouj & Booth, Laurence & Cleary, Sean, 2003. "Dividend policy and the organization of capital markets," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 101-121, April.
- Elena Loukoianova & Salih N. Neftci & Sunil Sharma, 2006. "Pricing and Hedging of Contingent Credit Lines," IMF Working Papers 06/13, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.