A note on the weak form efficiency of capital markets: The application of simple technical trading rules to UK stock prices - 1935 to 1994
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 20 (1996)
Issue (Month): 6 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brock, W. & Lakonishok, J. & Lebaron, B., 1991.
"Simple Technical Trading Rules And The Stochastic Properties Of Stock Returns,"
90-22, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Brock, William & Lakonishok, Josef & LeBaron, Blake, 1992. " Simple Technical Trading Rules and the Stochastic Properties of Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(5), pages 1731-64, December.
- Akber, Ushna & Muhammad, Nabeel, 2013. "Is Pakistan Stock Market moving towards Weak-form efficiency? Evidence from the Karachi Stock Exchange and the Random Walk Nature of free-float of shares of KSE 30 Index," MPRA Paper 49128, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chong, Terence Tai-Leung & Ng, Wing-Kam & Liew, Venus Khim-Sen, 2014.
"Revisiting the Performance of MACD and RSI Oscillators,"
54149, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Terence Tai-Leung Chong & Wing-Kam Ng & Venus Khim-Sen Liew, 2014. "Revisiting the Performance of MACD and RSI Oscillators," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(1), pages 1-12, February.
- William Wai Him Tsang & Terence Tai Leung Chong, 2009. "Profitability of the On-Balance Volume Indicator," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(3), pages 2424-2431.
- Yan, Isabel K. & Chong, Terence & Lam, Tau-Hing, 2011.
"Is the Chinese Stock Market Really Efficient,"
35219, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Isakov, Dusan & Marti, Didier, 2011. "Technical Analysis with a Long-Term Perspective: Trading Strategies and Market Timing Ability," FSES Working Papers 421, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Freiburg/Fribourg Switzerland.
- Michael McAleer & John Suen & Wing Keung Wong, 2013.
"Profiteering from the Dot-com Bubble, Sub-Prime Crisis and Asian Financial Crisis,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
13-077/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Michael McAleer & John Suen & Wing Keung Wong, 2013. "Profiteering from the Dot-com Bubble, Sub-Prime Crisis and Asian Financial Crisis," Working Papers in Economics 13/20, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Michael McAleer & John Suen & Wing Keung Wong, 2013. "Profiteering from the Dot-com Bubble, Sub-Prime Crisis and Asian Financial Crisis," KIER Working Papers 869, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Ülkü, Numan & Prodan, Eugeniu, 2013. "Drivers of technical trend-following rules' profitability in world stock markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 214-229.
- Laura Marta Nuã‘Ez, 2004. "Do Moving Average Rules Make Profits? A Study Using The Madrid Stock Market," Working Papers Economia wp04-03, Instituto de Empresa, Area of Economic Environment.
- Shynkevich, Andrei, 2012. "Performance of technical analysis in growth and small cap segments of the US equity market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 193-208.
- Mensah, Justice T. & Pomaa-Berko, Maame & Adom, Philip Kofi, 2012. "Does Automation Improve Stock Market Efficiency? Evidence from Ghana," MPRA Paper 43642, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nunez-Letamendia, Laura, 2007. "Fitting the control parameters of a genetic algorithm: An application to technical trading systems design," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 179(3), pages 847-868, June.
- Terence Tai-Leung Chong & Chen Li & Ho Tin Yu, 2008. "Structural Change in the Stock Market Efficiency after the Millennium: The MACD Approach," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 7(12), pages 1-6.
- Vlad Pavlov & Stan Hurn, 2009. "Testing the Profitability of Technical Analysis as a Portfolio Selection Strategy," NCER Working Paper Series 52, National Centre for Econometric Research.
- Terence Tai-Leung Chong & Sheung Tat Chan, 2008. "Structural Change in the Efficiency of the Japanese Stock Market after the Millennium," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 7(7), pages 1-7.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:7:y:2008:i:7:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cheol-Ho Park & Scott H. Irwin, 2007. "What Do We Know About The Profitability Of Technical Analysis?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(4), pages 786-826, 09.
- Rompotis, Gerasimos G., 2011. "Testing weak-form efficiency of exchange traded funds market," MPRA Paper 36020, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdul Haque & Hung-Chun Liu & Fakhar-Un-Nisa, 2011. "Testing the Weak Form Efficiency of Pakistani Stock Market (2000–2010)," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 1(4), pages 153-162.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.