Return reversals in the Tokyo Stock Exchange: A test of stock market overreaction
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Japan and the World Economy.
Volume (Year): 9 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505557
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jones, Steven L., 1993. "Another look at time-varying risk and return in a long-horizon contrarian strategy," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 119-144, February.
- Lo, Andrew W & MacKinlay, A Craig, 1990.
"When Are Contrarian Profits Due to Stock Market Overreaction?,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(2), pages 175-205.
- Lo, Andrew W. (Andrew Wen-Chuan) & MacKinlay, Archie Craig, 1955-., 1989. "When are contrarian profits due to stock market overreaction?," Working papers 3008-89., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Andrew W. Lo & A. Craig MacKinlay, 1991. "When are Contrarian Profits Due to Stock Market Overreaction?," NBER Working Papers 2977, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaffe, Jeffrey & Westerfield, Randolph, 1985. "Patterns in Japanese Common Stock Returns: Day of the Week and Turn of the Year Effects," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(02), pages 261-272, June.
- Ball, Ray & Kothari, S. P., 1989. "Nonstationary expected returns : Implications for tests of market efficiency and serial correlation in returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 51-74, November.
- Kryzanowski, Lawrence & Zhang, Hao, 1992. "The Contrarian Investment Strategy Does Not Work in Canadian Markets," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(03), pages 383-395, September.
- Jegadeesh, Narasimhan, 1990. " Evidence of Predictable Behavior of Security Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(3), pages 881-98, July.
- Kato, Kiyoshi & Schallheim, James S., 1985. "Seasonal and Size Anomalies in the Japanese Stock Market," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(02), pages 243-260, June.
- Robert J. Shiller, 1984. "Stock Prices and Social Dynamics," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 15(2), pages 457-510.
- Summers, Lawrence H, 1986. " Does the Stock Market Rationally Reflect Fundamental Values?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 591-601, July.
- D. E. Allen & Robert Prince, 1995. "The winner/loser hypothesis: some preliminary Australian evidence on the impact of changing risk," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 2(8), pages 280-283.
- Chan, Louis K C & Hamao, Yasushi & Lakonishok, Josef, 1991. " Fundamentals and Stock Returns in Japan," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1739-64, December.
- De Bondt, Werner F M & Thaler, Richard, 1985. " Does the Stock Market Overreact?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 793-805, July.
- Robert J. Shiller, 1984. "Stock Prices and Social Dynamics," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 719R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1988. "Permanent and Temporary Components of Stock Prices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(2), pages 246-73, April.
- Chan, K C, 1988. "On the Contrarian Investment Strategy," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(2), pages 147-63, April.
- Zarowin, Paul, 1989. " Does the Stock Market Overreact to Corporate Earnings Information?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(5), pages 1385-99, December.
- Chaoshin Chiao & David Cheng & Welfeng Hung, 2005. "Overreaction after Controlling for Size and Book-to-Market Effects and its Mimicking Portfolio in Japan," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 65-91, January.
- Chiao, Chaoshin & Hueng, C. James, 2005. "Overreaction effects independent of risk and characteristics: evidence from the Japanese stock market," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 431-455, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.