Forecasting with a nonlinear dynamic model of stock returns and industrial production
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Forecasting.
Volume (Year): 20 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijforecast
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James D. Hamilton & Baldev Raj, 2002. "New directions in business cycle research and financial analysis," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 149-162.
- Diebold, Francis X & Mariano, Roberto S, 2002.
"Comparing Predictive Accuracy,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 134-44, January.
- Hansen Bruce E., 1997.
"Inference in TAR Models,"
Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-16, April.
- Tom Doan, . "THRESHTEST: RATS procedure to perform Hansen's Test for Threshold Break," Statistical Software Components RTS00210, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Chong, Yock Y & Hendry, David F, 1986. "Econometric Evaluation of Linear Macro-Economic Models," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(4), pages 671-90, August.
- van Dijk, D.J.C. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F., 1997.
"Modelling Multiple Regimes in the Business Cycle,"
Econometric Institute Research Papers
EI 9734/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Terasvirta, T & Anderson, H M, 1992. "Characterizing Nonlinearities in Business Cycles Using Smooth Transition Autoregressive Models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(S), pages S119-36, Suppl. De.
- Bradley, Michael D & Jansen, Dennis W, 1997. "Nonlinear Business Cycle Dynamics: Cross-country Evidence on the Persistence of Aggregate Shocks," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 35(3), pages 495-509, July.
- Koop, Gary & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Potter, Simon M., 1996. "Impulse response analysis in nonlinear multivariate models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 119-147, September.
- Beaudry, Paul & Koop, Gary, 1993. "Do recessions permanently change output?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 149-163, April.
- Rodrigo F. Aranda L. & Patricio Jaramillo G., 2010. "Non-linear Dynamics in the Chilean Stock Market: Evidence on Traded Volumes and Returns," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 13(3), pages 67-94, December.
- Kim, Sei-Wan & Mollick, André V. & Nam, Kiseok, 2008. "Common nonlinearities in long-horizon stock returns: Evidence from the G-7 stock markets," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 19-31.
- Chevallier, Julien, 2012.
"EUAs and CERs : Interactions in a Markov regime-switching environment,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/7938, Paris Dauphine University.
- Julien Chevallier, 2012. "EUAs and CERs: Interactions in a Markov regime-switching environment," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(1), pages 86-101.
- Chevallier, Julien, 2013.
"Price relationships in crude oil futures: new evidence from CFTC disaggregated data,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/11712, Paris Dauphine University.
- Julien Chevallier, 2013. "Price relationships in crude oil futures: new evidence from CFTC disaggregated data," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 15(2), pages 133-170, April.
- Terasvirta, Timo, 2006.
"Forecasting economic variables with nonlinear models,"
Handbook of Economic Forecasting,
- Teräsvirta, Timo, 2005. "Forecasting economic variables with nonlinear models," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 598, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 29 Dec 2005.
- Michael P. Clements & Philip Hans Franses & Norman R. Swanson, 2003.
"Forecasting economic and financial time-series with non-linear models,"
Departmental Working Papers
200309, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Clements, Michael P. & Franses, Philip Hans & Swanson, Norman R., 2004. "Forecasting economic and financial time-series with non-linear models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 169-183.
- Giancarlo Bruno, 2009.
"Non-linear relation between industrial production and business surveys data,"
ISAE Working Papers
119, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Bruno, Giancarlo, 2009. "Non-linear relation between industrial production and business surveys data," MPRA Paper 42337, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chevallier, Julien, 2012.
"Global imbalances, cross-market linkages, and the financial crisis: A multivariate Markov-switching analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 943-973.
- Chevallier, Julien, 2012. "Global imbalances, cross-market linkages, and the financial crisis : a multivariate Markov-Switching analysis," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/8773, Paris Dauphine University.
- Guidolin, Massimo & Hyde, Stuart & McMillan, David & Ono, Sadayuki, 2009.
"Non-linear predictability in stock and bond returns: When and where is it exploitable?,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 373-399.
- Massimo Guidolin & Stuart Hyde & David McMillan & Sadayuki Ono, 2009. "Non-linear predictability in stock and bond returns: when and where is it exploitable?," Working Papers 2008-010, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Carluccio Bianchi & Alessandro Carta & Dean Fantazzini & Maria Elena De Giuli & Mario A. Maggi, 2009.
"A Copula-VAR-X Approach for Industrial Production Modelling and Forecasting,"
Quaderni di Dipartimento
105, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods.
- Carluccio Bianchi & Alessandro Carta & Dean Fantazzini & Maria Elena De Giuli & Mario Maggi, 2010. "A copula-VAR-X approach for industrial production modelling and forecasting," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(25), pages 3267-3277.
- Greg Tkacz & Carolyn Wilkins, 2006. "Linear and Threshold Forecasts of Output and Inflation with Stock and Housing Prices," Working Papers 06-25, Bank of Canada.
- Don Bredin & Stuart Hyde, 2008. "Regime Change and the Role of International Markets on the Stock Returns of Small Open Economies," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 14(2), pages 315-346.
- De Gooijer, Jan G. & Hyndman, Rob J., 2006. "25 years of time series forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 443-473.
- Jan G. de Gooijer & Rob J. Hyndman, 2005. "25 Years of IIF Time Series Forecasting: A Selective Review," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 05-068/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Hsu, Kuang-Chung & Chiang, Hui-Chu, 2011. "Nonlinear effects of monetary policy on stock returns in a smooth transition autoregressive model," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 339-349.
- Seyyed Ali Paytakhti Oskooe, 2012. "Nonlinear Adjustment of Emerging Stock Market Returns: Symmetrical or Asymmetrical," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 2(2), pages 179-183.
- Rodrigo Aranda & Patricio Jaramillo, 2008. "Nonlinear Dynamic in the Chilean Stock Market: Evidence from Returns and Trading Volume," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 463, Central Bank of Chile.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.