Comparing probability forecasts derived from theoretical distributions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Forecasting.
Volume (Year): 11 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijforecast
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ray C. Fair, 1978.
"Estimating the Expected Predictive Accuracy of Econometric Models,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
480, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Fair, Ray C, 1980. "Estimating the Expected Predictive Accuracy of Econometric Models," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(2), pages 355-78, June.
- Joutz, Frederick & Trost, Robert, 1992. "Using stochastic simulation to test the effect of seasonal adjustment on forecast standard errors of motor gasoline demand," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 219-231, October.
- James E. Matheson & Robert L. Winkler, 1976. "Scoring Rules for Continuous Probability Distributions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(10), pages 1087-1096, June.
- John M. Liittschwager, 1971. "Mathematical Models for Public Utility Rate Revisions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(6), pages B339-B353, February.
- Makridakis, Spyros & Hibon, Michele & Lusk, Ed & Belhadjali, Moncef, 1987. "Confidence intervals: An empirical investigation of the series in the M-competition," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 3(3-4), pages 489-508.
- Veall, Michael R, 1987. "Bootstrapping the Probability Distribution of Peak Electricity Demand," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 28(1), pages 203-12, February.
- Abramson, Bruce & Clemen, Robert, 1995. "Probability forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 1-4, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.