Price discovery in high and low volatility periods: open outcry versus electronic trading
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money.
Volume (Year): 8 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3-4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul Kofman & James T. Moser, 1995.
"Spreads, information flows and transparency across trading systems,"
Working Paper Series, Issues in Financial Regulation
95-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Paul Kofman & James Moser, 1997. "Spreads, information flows and transparency across trading systems," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 7(3), pages 281-294.
- Glosten, Lawrence R. & Milgrom, Paul R., 1985.
"Bid, ask and transaction prices in a specialist market with heterogeneously informed traders,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 71-100, March.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Paul R. Milgrom, 1983. "Bid, Ask and Transaction Prices in a Specialist Market with Heterogeneously Informed Traders," Discussion Papers 570, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Hasbrouck, Joel, 1995. " One Security, Many Markets: Determining the Contributions to Price Discovery," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(4), pages 1175-99, September.
- de Jong, Frank & Nijman, Theo & Roell, Ailsa, 1995.
"A comparison of the cost of trading French shares on the Paris Bourse and on SEAQ International,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 1277-1301, August.
- Jong, F.C.J.M. de & Nijman, T.E. & Röell, A.A., 1995. "A comparison of the cost of trading French shares on the Paris Bourse and on SEAQ International," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-80491, Tilburg University.
- Jong, F.C.J.M. de & Nijman, T.E. & Roell, A.A., 1993. "A comparison of the cost of trading French shares on the Paris Bourse and on SEAQ International," Discussion Paper 1993-29, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Stoll, Hans R, 1989. " Inferring the Components of the Bid-Ask Spread: Theory and Empirical Tests," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(1), pages 115-34, March.
- Pagano, Marco & Roell, Ailsa, 1992.
"Auction and dealership markets : What is the difference?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 36(2-3), pages 613-623, April.
- Ailsa Röell & Marco Pagano, 1991. "Auction and Dealership Markets: What is the Difference?," FMG Discussion Papers dp125, Financial Markets Group.
- Huang, Roger D. & Stoll, Hans R., 1996. "Dealer versus auction markets: A paired comparison of execution costs on NASDAQ and the NYSE," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 313-357, July.
- Madhavan, Ananth, 1992.
" Trading Mechanisms in Securities Markets,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 607-41, June.
- Ananth N. Madhavan, . "Trading Mechanisms in Securities Markets," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 16-90, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- deB. Harris, Frederick H. & McInish, Thomas H. & Shoesmith, Gary L. & Wood, Robert A., 1995. "Cointegration, Error Correction, and Price Discovery on Informationally Linked Security Markets," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(04), pages 563-579, December.
- Glosten, Lawrence R, 1994. " Is the Electronic Open Limit Order Book Inevitable?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1127-61, September.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-80, November.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-76, March.
- Nathan S. Balke & Thomas B. Fomby, 1992.
9209, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Chung, Huimin & Sheu, Her-Jiun & Hsu, Shufang, 2010. "Trading platform, market volatility and pricing efficiency in the floor-traded and E-mini index futures markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 742-754, October.
- Fong, Kingsley & Zurbruegg, Ralf, 2003. "How much do locals contribute to the price discovery process?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 305-320, May.
- Yiuman Tse & Paramita Bandyopadhyay, 2006. "Multi-market trading in the Eurodollar futures market," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 321-341, May.
- Marc Simpson & Jose Moreno & Teofilo Ozuna, 2012. "The makings of an information leader: the intraday price discovery process for individual stocks in the DJIA," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 347-365, April.
- Frijns, Bart & Schotman, Peter, 2009.
"Price discovery in tick time,"
Open Access publications from Maastricht University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-23096, Maastricht University.
- Frijns, Bart & Schotman, P., 2004. "Price discovery in tick time," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-6098, Maastricht University.
- Frijns, Bart & Schotman, Peter C, 2004. "Price Discovery in Tick Time," CEPR Discussion Papers 4456, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fung, Joseph K.W. & Lien, Donald & Tse, Yiuman & Tse, Yiu Kuen, 2005. "Effects of electronic trading on the Hang Seng Index futures market," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 415-425.
- Flad, Michael & Jung, Robert C., 2008. "A common factor analysis for the US and the German stock markets during overlapping trading hours," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 498-512, December.
- Yan, Bingcheng & Zivot, Eric, 2010. "A structural analysis of price discovery measures," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Pantisa Pavabutr & Piyamas Chaihetphon, 2010. "Price discovery in the Indian gold futures market," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 455-467, October.
- repec:cfs:cfswop:wp200317 is not listed on IDEAS
- Theissen, Erik, 2002.
"Price discovery in floor and screen trading systems,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 455-474, November.
- Erik Theissen, 2001. "Price Discovery in Floor and Screen Trading Systems," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse35_2001, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Theissen, Erik, 2003. "Organized equity markets in Germany," CFS Working Paper Series 2003/17, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Tse, Yiuman & Xiang, Ju, 2005. "Market quality and price discovery: Introduction of the E-mini energy futures," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 164-179, December.
- Bingcheng Yan & Eric Zivot, 2007. "A Structural Analysis of Price Discovery Measures," Working Papers UWEC-2006-08-FC, University of Washington, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2007.
- Helder Sebastião, 2008. "The partial adjustment factors of FTSE 100 stock index and stock index futures: The informational impact of electronic trading systems," GEMF Working Papers 2008-07, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.