Constant elasticity of variance model for proportional reinsurance and investment strategies
AbstractIn our model, the insurer is allowed to buy reinsurance and invest in a risk-free asset and a risky asset. The claim process is assumed to follow a Brownian motion with drift, while the price process of the risky asset is described by the constant elasticity of variance (CEV) model. The Hamilton-Jacobi-Bellman (HJB) equation associated with the optimal reinsurance and investment strategies is established, and solutions are found for insurers with CRRA or CARRA utility.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Insurance: Mathematics and Economics.
Volume (Year): 46 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554
Constant elasticity of variance Reinsurance Hamilton-Jacobi-Bellman equation Optimal strategies;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gao, Jianwei, 2009. "Optimal portfolios for DC pension plans under a CEV model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 479-490, June.
- Jérôme Detemple & Weidong Tian, 2002. "The Valuation of American Options for a Class of Diffusion Processes," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(7), pages 917-937, July.
- Jones, Christopher S., 2003. "The dynamics of stochastic volatility: evidence from underlying and options markets," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 116(1-2), pages 181-224.
- Devolder, Pierre & Bosch Princep, Manuela & Dominguez Fabian, Inmaculada, 2003. "Stochastic optimal control of annuity contracts," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 227-238, October.
- Xiao, Jianwu & Hong, Zhai & Qin, Chenglin, 2007. "The constant elasticity of variance (CEV) model and the Legendre transform-dual solution for annuity contracts," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 302-310, March.
- Cai, Jun & Tan, Ken Seng & Weng, Chengguo & Zhang, Yi, 2008. "Optimal reinsurance under VaR and CTE risk measures," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 185-196, August.
- Cerqueti, Roy & Foschi, Rachele & Spizzichino, Fabio, 2009. "A spatial mixed Poisson framework for combination of excess-of-loss and proportional reinsurance contracts," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 59-64, August.
- Jung, Eun Ju & Kim, Jai Heui, 2012. "Optimal investment strategies for the HARA utility under the constant elasticity of variance model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 667-673.
- Liang, Zhibin & Yuen, Kam Chuen & Guo, Junyi, 2011. "Optimal proportional reinsurance and investment in a stock market with Ornstein-Uhlenbeck process," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 207-215, September.
- Li, Yongwu & Li, Zhongfei, 2013. "Optimal time-consistent investment and reinsurance strategies for mean–variance insurers with state dependent risk aversion," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 86-97.
- Gu, Ailing & Guo, Xianping & Li, Zhongfei & Zeng, Yan, 2012. "Optimal control of excess-of-loss reinsurance and investment for insurers under a CEV model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 674-684.
- Zeng, Yan & Li, Zhongfei, 2011. "Optimal time-consistent investment and reinsurance policies for mean-variance insurers," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 145-154, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.