Empirical evidence on the evolution of liquidity: Choice of market versus limit orders by informed and uninformed traders
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Markets.
Volume (Year): 8 (2005)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/finmar
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chakravarty Sugato & Holden Craig W., 1995.
"An Integrated Model of Market and Limit Orders,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 213-241, July.
- Hasbrouck, Joel, 1996. "Order characteristics and stock price evolution An application to program trading," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 129-149, May.
- Lee, Charles M C & Ready, Mark J, 1991. " Inferring Trade Direction from Intraday Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 733-46, June.
- Parlour, Christine A, 1998. "Price Dynamics in Limit Order Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 11(4), pages 789-816.
- Easley, David & O'Hara, Maureen, 1987. "Price, trade size, and information in securities markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 69-90, September.
- Harris, Lawrence & Hasbrouck, Joel, 1996. "Market vs. Limit Orders: The SuperDOT Evidence on Order Submission Strategy," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(02), pages 213-231, June.
- Bruno Biais & Christophe Bisiere & Chester Spatt, 2002. "Imperfect Competition in Financial Markets: ISLAND vs. NASDAQ," GSIA Working Papers 2003-E41, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Chung, Kee H. & Van Ness, Bonnie F. & Van Ness, Robert A., 1999. "Limit orders and the bid-ask spread," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 255-287, August.
- Ready, Mark J, 1999. "The Specialist's Discretion: Stopped Orders and Price Improvement," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(5), pages 1075-1112.
- Sias, Richard W. & Starks, Laura T., 1997. "Return autocorrelation and institutional investors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 103-131, October.
- Sugato Chakravarty & John J. McConnell, 1997. "An Analysis of Prices, Bid/Ask Spreads, and Bid and Ask Depths Surrounding Ivan Boesky's Illegal Trading in Carnation's Stock," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 26(2), Summer.
- Lee, Yi-Tsung & Liu, Yu-Jane & Roll, Richard & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2004. "Order Imbalances and Market Efficiency: Evidence from the Taiwan Stock Exchange," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(02), pages 327-341, June.
- Szewczyk, Samuel H & Tsetsekos, George P & Varma, Raj, 1992. "Institutional Ownership and the Liquidity of Common Stock Offerings," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 27(2), pages 211-25, May.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-35, November.
- Glosten, Lawrence R, 1994. " Is the Electronic Open Limit Order Book Inevitable?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1127-61, September.
- Geir H. Bjønnes & Carol L. Osler & Dagfinn Rime, 2009. "Asymmetric information in the interbank foreign exchange market," Working Paper 2008/25, Norges Bank.
- Axel Groß‐KlußMann & Nikolaus Hautsch, 2013.
"Predicting Bid–Ask Spreads Using Long‐Memory Autoregressive Conditional Poisson Models,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(8), pages 724-742, December.
- Axel Groß-Klußmann & Nikolaus Hautsch, 2011. "Predicting Bid-Ask Spreads Using Long Memory Autoregressive Conditional Poisson Models," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2011-044, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Chen, Hung-Ling & Chow, Edward H., 2011. "The impact of investor base on the costs of capital for IPOs," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 177-190, July.
- Johannes A. Skjeltorp & Elvira Sojli & Wing Wah Tham, 2012.
"Sunshine Trading: Flashes of Trading Intent at the NASDAQ,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
12-141/IV/DSF47, Tinbergen Institute.
- Johannes A. Skjeltorp & Elvira Sojli & Wing Wah Tham, 2011. "Sunshine trading: Flashes of trading intent at the NASDAQ," Working Paper 2011/17, Norges Bank.
- Jie-Haun Lee & Whei-May Fan, 2014. "Investors’ perception of corporate governance: a spillover effect of Taiwan corporate scandals," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 97-119, July.
- Stephan Meyer & Sebastian Schroff & Christof Weinhardt, 2014. "(Un)skilled leveraged trading of retail investors," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 111-138, May.
- PASCUAL, Roberto & VEREDAS, David, 2006.
"Does the open limit order book matter in explaining long run volatility ?,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2006110, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Roberto Pascual & David Veredas, 2010. "Does the open limit order book matter in explaining long run volatility?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/136192, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Frantisek Kopriva, 2008. "Source of Information-Driven Trading on the Prague Stock Exchange," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp365, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- Wong, Woon K. & Tan, Dijun & Tian, Yixiang, 2009. "Informed trading and liquidity in the Shanghai Stock Exchange," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 66-73, March.
- Ryan Garvey & Fei Wu, 2012. "Are informed traders reluctant to bear price risk or execution risk?," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 8(4), pages 284-303.
- Martin D. Gould & Mason A. Porter & Stacy Williams & Mark McDonald & Daniel J. Fenn & Sam D. Howison, 2010. "Limit Order Books," Papers 1012.0349, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2013.
- Johannes A. Skjeltorp & Elvira Sojli & Wing Wah Tham, 2012. "Sunshine Trading: Flashes of Trading Intent at the NASDAQ," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-141/IV/DSF47, Tinbergen Institute.
- Garvey, Ryan & Wu, Fei, 2011. "Information, speed vs. cost trade-offs, and order routing decisions in U.S. equity markets," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 408-422, June.
- Menkhoff, Lukas & Osler, Carol L. & Schmeling, Maik, 2010.
"Limit-order submission strategies under asymmetric information,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2665-2677, November.
- Lukas Menkhoff & Carol L. Osler & Maik Schmeling, 2010. "Limit-Order Submission Strategies under Asymmetric Information," CESifo Working Paper Series 3054, CESifo Group Munich.
- Rosenthal, Dale W.R. & Thomas, Nordia Diana Marie, 2012. "Transact taxes in a price maker/taker market," MPRA Paper 40556, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Moinas, Sophie, 2010.
"Hidden Limit Orders and Liquidity in Order Driven Markets,"
TSE Working Papers
10-147, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Moinas, Sophie, 2010. "Hidden Limit Orders and Liquidity in Order Driven Markets," IDEI Working Papers 600, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Murphy Jun Jie Lee, 2013. "The Microstructure of Trading Processes on the Singapore Exchange," PhD Thesis, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, number 4.
- Wong, Woon K. & Chang, Matthew C. & Tu, Anthony H., 2009. "Are magnet effects caused by uninformed traders? Evidence from Taiwan Stock Exchange," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 28-40, January.
- Jan Hanousek & František Kopøiva, 2011. "Detecting Information-Driven Trading in a Dealers Market," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 61(3), pages 204-229, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.