Pre-bid price run-ups and insider trading activity: Evidence from Canadian acquisitions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Review of Financial Analysis.
Volume (Year): 9 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620166
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eyssell, Thomas H & Arshadi, Nasser, 1993. "Insiders, Outsiders, or Trend Chasers?: An Investigation of Pre-takeover Transactions in the Shares of Target Firms," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association & Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 16(1), pages 49-59, Spring.
- Meulbroek, Lisa K, 1992. " An Empirical Analysis of Illegal Insider Trading," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(5), pages 1661-99, December.
- Schwert, G.W., 1994.
"Mark-up Pricing in Mergers and Acquisitions,"
95-01, Rochester, Business - Financial Research and Policy Studies.
- Sanders, Ralph W. & Zdanowicz, John S., 1992. "Target Firm Abnormal Returns and Trading Volume around the Initiation of Change in Control Transactions," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(01), pages 109-129, March.
- Givoly, Dan & Palmon, Dan, 1985. "Insider Trading and the Exploitation of Inside Information: Some Empirical Evidence," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(1), pages 69-87, January.
- Keown, Arthur J & Pinkerton, John M, 1981. "Merger Announcements and Insider Trading Activity: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(4), pages 855-69, September.
- Jennings, Robert, 1994. "Intraday Changes in Target Firms' Share Price and Bid-Ask Quotes around Takeover Announcements," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association & Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 17(2), pages 255-70, Summer.
- Nasser Arshadi & Thomas H. Eyssell, 1991. "Regulatory Deterrence and Registered Insider Trading: The Case of Tender Offers," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 20(2), Summer.
- Mikkelson, Wayne H. & Partch, M. Megan, 1986. "Valuation effects of security offerings and the issuance process," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 31-60.
- Jarrell, Gregg A & Poulsen, Annette B, 1989. "Stock Trading before the Announcement of Tender Offers: Insider Trading or Market Anticipation?," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 225-48, Fall.
- Cowan, Arnold R. & Nayar, Nandkumar & Singh, Ajai K., 1990. "Stock Returns before and after Calls of Convertible Bonds," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(04), pages 549-554, December.
- Calvet, A L & Lefoll, J, 1987. "Information Asymmetry and Wealth Effect of Canadian Corporate Acquisitions," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 22(4), pages 415-31, November.
- Lee, Moon H & Bishara, Halim, 1989. "Recent Canadian Experience on the Profitability of Insider Trades," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 24(2), pages 235-49, May.
- Lee, Moon H. & Bishara, Halim, 1985. "Securities regulation and market efficiency," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 247-254, December.
- Seyhun, H Nejat, 1990. "Do Bidder Managers Knowingly Pay Too Much for Target Firms?," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(4), pages 439-64, October.
- Michael R. King & Maksym Padalko, 2005.
"Pre-Bid Run-Ups Ahead of Canadian Takeovers: How Big Is the Problem?,"
05-3, Bank of Canada.
- Michael R. King, 2009. "Prebid Run-Ups Ahead of Canadian Takeovers: How Big Is the Problem?," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 38(4), pages 699-726, December.
- Madura, Jeff & Marciniak, Marek, 2014. "Bidder country characteristics and informed trading in U.S. targets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 256-284.
- Michael R. King & Dan Segal, 2004. "International Cross-Listing and the Bonding Hypothesis," Working Papers 04-17, Bank of Canada.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.