Pre-bid price run-ups and insider trading activity: Evidence from Canadian acquisitions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Review of Financial Analysis.
Volume (Year): 9 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620166
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lee, Moon H. & Bishara, Halim, 1985. "Securities regulation and market efficiency," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 247-254, December.
- Schwert, G.W., 1994.
"Mark-up Pricing in Mergers and Acquisitions,"
95-01, Rochester, Business - Financial Research and Policy Studies.
- Meulbroek, Lisa K, 1992. " An Empirical Analysis of Illegal Insider Trading," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(5), pages 1661-99, December.
- Eyssell, Thomas H & Arshadi, Nasser, 1993. "Insiders, Outsiders, or Trend Chasers?: An Investigation of Pre-takeover Transactions in the Shares of Target Firms," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association & Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 16(1), pages 49-59, Spring.
- Seyhun, H Nejat, 1990. "Do Bidder Managers Knowingly Pay Too Much for Target Firms?," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(4), pages 439-64, October.
- Sanders, Ralph W. & Zdanowicz, John S., 1992. "Target Firm Abnormal Returns and Trading Volume around the Initiation of Change in Control Transactions," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(01), pages 109-129, March.
- Cowan, Arnold R. & Nayar, Nandkumar & Singh, Ajai K., 1990. "Stock Returns before and after Calls of Convertible Bonds," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(04), pages 549-554, December.
- Givoly, Dan & Palmon, Dan, 1985. "Insider Trading and the Exploitation of Inside Information: Some Empirical Evidence," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(1), pages 69-87, January.
- Mikkelson, Wayne H. & Partch, M. Megan, 1986. "Valuation effects of security offerings and the issuance process," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 31-60.
- Jennings, Robert, 1994. "Intraday Changes in Target Firms' Share Price and Bid-Ask Quotes around Takeover Announcements," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association & Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 17(2), pages 255-70, Summer.
- Lee, Moon H & Bishara, Halim, 1989. "Recent Canadian Experience on the Profitability of Insider Trades," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 24(2), pages 235-49, May.
- Michael R. King & Dan Segal, 2004. "International Cross-Listing and the Bonding Hypothesis," Working Papers 04-17, Bank of Canada.
- Michael R. King & Maksym Padalko, 2005.
"Pre-Bid Run-Ups Ahead of Canadian Takeovers: How Big Is the Problem?,"
05-3, Bank of Canada.
- Michael R. King, 2009. "Prebid Run-Ups Ahead of Canadian Takeovers: How Big Is the Problem?," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 38(4), pages 699-726, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.