Target Firm Abnormal Returns and Trading Volume around the Initiation of Change in Control Transactions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
Volume (Year): 27 (1992)
Issue (Month): 01 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQProvider-Email:email@example.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Audra L. Boone & J. Harold Mulherin, . "Corporate Restructuring and Corporate Auctions," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2002-38, Claremont Colleges.
- Michael R. King, 2009.
"Prebid Run-Ups Ahead of Canadian Takeovers: How Big Is the Problem?,"
Financial Management Association International, vol. 38(4), pages 699-726, December.
- Michael R. King & Maksym Padalko, 2005. "Pre-Bid Run-Ups Ahead of Canadian Takeovers: How Big Is the Problem?," Working Papers 05-3, Bank of Canada.
- Agrawal, Anup & Jaffe, Jeffrey F., 1995. "Does Section 16b deter insider trading by target managers?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2-3), pages 295-319.
- Tyas Prevoo & Bas Weel, 2010.
"The Effects of a Change in Market Abuse Regulation on Abnormal Returns and Volumes: Evidence from the Amsterdam Stock Market,"
Springer, vol. 158(3), pages 237-293, September.
- Bas ter Weel & T. Prevoo, 2010. "The effects of a change in market abuse regulation on abnormal returns and volumes: Evidence from the Amsterdam stock market," CPB Discussion Paper 154, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Agrawal, Anup & Nasser, Tareque, 2012. "Insider trading in takeover targets," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 598-625.
- Arturo Bris, 1998. "When Do Bidders Purchase a Toehold? Theory and Tests," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm107, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Aug 2000.
- Johnson, Travis L. & So, Eric C., 2012. "The option to stock volume ratio and future returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 262-286.
- Hutson, Elaine, 2000. "Takeover targets and the probability of bid success: Evidence from the Australian market," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 45-65, February.
- Spyrou, Spyros, 2011. "Are broad market shocks anticipated by investors? Evidence from major equity and index options markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 127-133, June.
- Jabbour, Alain R. & Jalilvand, Abolhassan & Switzer, Jeannette A., 2000. "Pre-bid price run-ups and insider trading activity: Evidence from Canadian acquisitions," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 21-43, February.
- Arnold, Tom & Erwin, Gayle & Nail, Lance & Nixon, Terry, 2006. "Do option markets substitute for stock markets? Evidence from trading on anticipated tender offer announcements," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 247-255.
- Maloney, Michael T. & Mulherin, J. Harold, 2003. "The complexity of price discovery in an efficient market: the stock market reaction to the Challenger crash," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 453-479, September.
- Maher, Daniela & Parikh, Anokhi, 2011. "Short-term under/overreaction, anticipation or uncertainty avoidance? Evidence from India," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 560-584, October.
- Bris, Arturo, 2002. "Toeholds, takeover premium, and the probability of being acquired," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 227-253, July.
- Bettis, J. C. & Coles, J. L. & Lemmon, M. L., 2000. "Corporate policies restricting trading by insiders," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 191-220, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.